ausgolfer

Fog light styling opinions please

Hello all. I have an early bumper late bonnet 92 G60 and am considering doing something pretty subtle to the recessed front fogs.

What I would like to do is simply space then with some shims to bring them forward for a subtlety more modern look. Would still aim for 5-10mm of recess but less than the ~30mm there is now.

Opinions?? :)

Can't hurt to try, would be interesting to see how it would look.

So, a Saturday morning + Pics = my honest opinion :thumbleft:

Can I simply fit late style fogs and indicators for the same effect? Or are the mounting points within the bumpers for the lights different on the late and new style bumpers?

Edited by ausgolfer

I'm pretty sure late fogs fit.

Iirc Bally and Vick or one of em has an early bumper with late fogs.

I personally think a full late front end swap looks better rather then mix n match.

Thanks for the info.

What do you mean by full from end swap? All the lights or the bumper as well? Isn't the only exterior difference with the bumper the side swage line?

I think the bumper will be too wide for early wings...

Im sure you can fit indicators and fogs from a late car (sprung mounted indicators as opposed to screw ins) to your early bumper..

I think the bumper will be too wide for early wings...

You're right. That's why I suggested a full swap inc wings, bonnet, headlights etc.

A bit further away from the original styling but I really like dogger's custom fog light intakes :D

IMG_0185.jpg

Might try and mock up something similar for mine, maybe a little closer to the styling of the grille slats with some LEDs for the indicator...

Stone

You're right. That's why I suggested a full swap inc wings, bonnet, headlights etc.

theres a bit of a difference between fitting some late fogs which go straight in and changing the whole front end though! Plus you have to do the rear bumper too or the lines wont match! :lol: