Jim Bowen

2 types of boot carpet?

Am i right in thinking there are two different boot carpets?

One enabling you to carry a full sized spare, will that work with vr6 speedlines? Quite fancy one.

Yes - one for full size spare, one for the space saver. Essential when using bigger front disks as the spacesaver won't fit.

Really?

Seen all three on ebay but they look too tatty, might just cut a hole in my existing one so the wheel pokes through

Yes - one for full size spare, one for the space saver. Essential when using bigger front disks as the spacesaver won't fit.

Can anyone advise if the space saver will fit over 288s? Whilst the Speedies just clear them, I hadn't really thought about the space saver!

I suppose worse case it's two wheel changes rather than 1 to grab a Speedie off the rear to move to the front and stick the space saver on the rear.....

No, the space saver won't go over 288's, which is why i'm thinking of a full sized spare.

Although i've seen factory cars were the spare doesn't fit the front, think it was a Civic type R i'm thinking about

Thanks for letting me know - will have to have a think about that as have got a spare set of speedlines that I was going to stick winter tyres on, based on everyday boot space vs hassle of changing two wheels rather than one, especially when you know murphy's law will ensure the time you need to change one of the front wheels it'll be on the side of a busy dual carriageway with no hard shoulder on a cold dark night lashing it down with rain!

Thanks for letting me know - will have to have a think about that as have got a spare set of speedlines that I was going to stick winter tyres on, based on everyday boot space vs hassle of changing two wheels rather than one, especially when you know murphy's law will ensure the time you need to change one of the front wheels it'll be on the side of a busy dual carriageway with no hard shoulder on a cold dark night lashing it down with rain!

That's why I keep a can of tyre inflater / sealant in the boot as well as a space-saver 8)

Didn't know there was a full-size wheel boot carpet, but the boot floor well's still too small to fit a 16" rim in so it doesn't really help me! I'm running 312s though so even the 16s are a fairly tight fit. Stops well though...

Stone

That's why I keep a can of tyre inflater / sealant in the boot as well as a space-saver 8)

Didn't know there was a full-size wheel boot carpet, but the boot floor well's still too small to fit a 16" rim in so it doesn't really help me! I'm running 312s though so even the 16s are a fairly tight fit. Stops well though...

Stone

Isn't the overall wheel diameter the same on 16s assuming your running lower profile tyres to keep the speedo accurate?

Good suggestion on the tyre filler - might have to get some of that...

I'm currently driving around with a space saver AND a full size spare in the boot of my Corrado.. :)

Mmmm, interesting about the space saver not going over 288's hadn't thought of that!

Dose anyone have the part numbers for the full size spare carpet set? And do you also need the two side carpets that cover the inside rear arches?

There's two sizes on the turrent pieces !

One are longer that goes across the boot floor.

You don't need them for the humped spare carpet,but be aware there is more then one type

Ok, if you are going from normal set up with a space saver under the carpet, up to a full sized speed line under the carpet....do you just need the piece that goes across the floor/over the wheel?

Just guessing this as the size of the turrets/rear inner arches isn't changing, unless I've missed something.

Part number?... Please : ))

Ok thanks for that mate : )

Anyone who knows the part number of the floor carpet for the larger wheel please let me know sometime, thanks.

Don't suppose you could get a space saver from anything else that would fit over 288s? Wondering if a mk 3 had a space saver that would accommodate 288s that you could get a suitable tyre for to use?