Pete_GTI

TPS no longer carrying G60 service parts???

Popped by my local VW/TPS parts counter today to get an oil filter for the G60 (like I have done many times previously) only to be told it's 'no longer carried' by VW and 'no replacement available' (the guy showed me this on his computer screen).

Anyone else been having trouble with this? I always thought it was the same filter as fitted to some more modern vag cars??

That's more than a little alarming - the G60 oil filter is specific to the G60 (I think). Might be worth trying to find a supply somewhere and stocking up :|

Jesus wept that's bad news if true. I think I might start stocking up on VR6 service parts too.

As said above. GSF are the people to see.

It's the same filter as mk2 and 3 just has a nut on the bottom of it

Almost, the non return valve is set to a higher pressure to try to keep more oil in the charger when the engine is switched off but its only around .5 of a PSI IIRC.

16v filter is the best bet as all of other filters that suppliers specify as suitable for G60 have always just been mk 2 items.

Yep its true they dont stock them anymore. Although if you must have genuine the mk2 filter is identical internally, just doesnt have the nut on the top.

Just ordered 4 (think I depleted the stock levels :lol:) from VW Heritage, Meyle items specifically for G60 with nut.

Also ordered 4 of 8 coolant hoses from VW Heritage, need the remaining 4 to go still, just for stock keeping. One tiny hose could spell the death of our beloved G60 Rados.

Tempest

I just went down to my local Car Bar and he ordered the last G60 fram oil filter from the wholesaler i have no idea if they'll just get a load more in stock ect ? seems weird to let it run down to the very last one though?

looks like i'll be using a Mann one from now on from GSF

just thought i would keep everyone updated

Edited by northG60

I just went down to my local Car Bar and he ordered the last G60 fram oil filter from the wholesaler i have no idea if they'll just get a load more in stock ect ? seems weird to let it run down to the very last one though?

looks like i'll be using a Mann one from now on from GSF

just thought i would keep everyone updated

We at VW heritage stock them, we have 11 in stock currently and a minimum level of 4 meaning we should never have less than 4 in stock at a time

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Oil-Filter-Golf-Mk2-Corrado-G60-037115561_act_shop.product_pID_34002507.htm?crumbStartPage=1

We at VW heritage stock them, we have 11 in stock currently and a minimum level of 4 meaning we should never have less than 4 in stock at a time

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Oil-Filter-Golf-Mk2-Corrado-G60-037115561_act_shop.product_pID_34002507.htm?crumbStartPage=1

Thanks for that Anna...

TPS do still sell service parts but it seems that VW have actually made the PG filters obsolete which is pretty poor!