Sign in to follow this  
Roadie

Milltek Exhaust system

Hi there, My C needs a new exhaust system and I have been recommended the Milltek range. The only thing is I have been caught out by purchasing a rear box in the past by going on the info on the relevant website and looking fo 'Corrado G60' but I then got the wrong box for my car. Is there anyway of making sure I order the right one for my car? Any help much appreciated, I realy don't want to order and find it doesn't fit.

Mine is a K reg, the only thing I think mine is right on the change over point. Would the chassis number help?

If yours is a K reg it should have the bar type hangers, which are the same as the VR and 2.0 16V. You will also have the late humped bonnet and the 70l fuel tank.

I just checked, I have the hook hangers holding up the centre box of the exhaust but the centre box has bar hangers. My bonnet is the raised one but I think was changed at some point due to front end prangv and the Petrol tank I am unsure.

I have given my chassis number to http://www.racecar.co.uk/quicksilver/ London stainless stell exhaust centre and they have confirmed that it is the early version but the price is £396 inc VAT does seem right to anyone or is this overpriced as Awesome GTI offer Milltek for 'Corrado G60' for £256

Getting very confused now :( I'm trying to order this today as I got a stag doo to go to at the weekend and I'm designated driver. Any help muchos appreciated :)

its not the cheapest price ever............but its still not too overpriced.....as for the £256 price tbh i reckon that would be excluding VAT

I have given my chassis number to http://www.racecar.co.uk/quicksilver/ London stainless stell exhaust centre and they have confirmed that it is the early version but the price is £396 inc VAT does seem right to anyone or is this overpriced as Awesome GTI offer Milltek for 'Corrado G60' for £256

Getting very confused now :( I'm trying to order this today as I got a stag doo to go to at the weekend and I'm designated driver. Any help muchos appreciated :)

£400! That's well over the average price for a stainless system and is even dearer than a Genuine VW one!

then again if its including fitting its not too overpriced......my milltek set me back £350-ish inc VAT and fitting.....ok £50 cheaper but it all depends on the labour charge for fitting too

awesome gti > cheapest place for milltek systems in the uk .."trust me!". they will also sort you out the corect one for your car..

AWESOME GTI thats where i got mine couldnt find it cheaper anyplace else.......................wasnt there a group buy happening ??????

AWESOME GTI thats where i got mine couldnt find it cheaper anyplace else.......................wasnt there a group buy happening ??????

yes but we couldnt compete with awesomes prices

yes but we couldnt compete with awesomes prices

Yes but im sure urs is still good value considering some of the ppl out there :!: :!:

btw i wouldnt recommend anything else apart from a milltek, never been more happier,,,, just make sure u get some proper tuff mounts for it,,,,good luck

Thanks for all the input people, I went with Milltek and ordered it from 16vG60 £400 +shipping it maybe a bit overpriced but is garunteed to arrive today. Don't mind paying a bit extra as the stag doo is more important and need to make sure my car will be roadworthy. Thanks again, off to go shoot paint and off road karting Woo Hoo :-P

OMG!! I finally got the exhaust fitted after 6 exhaust centres said won't fit it and one of them said yes but would take 2 days and £100+

It looks, fits and sounds great!

Anybody needing a new exhaust I would highly reccomend a Milltek, expensive but worth the money. Uber happy now :mrgreen:

why is it taking 2 days to fit?and 100 quid seems bit steep to fit an exhause which should take and hour tops to fit?

2 days to fit an exhaust??? My Corrado had a custom made one designed and fitted and tuned to the noise I wanted in less than 6 hours.... :?

A local garage just fitted my miltec ss catback system for £30 quid, including 2 new hanger rubbers, a good deal i thought