Sign in to follow this  
gavkt

Vr6 Clutch Problem

Can anyone help me please!!

I have a VR6 Corrado. But their is a problem with the clutch, when I press the clutch down and engage first gear the clutch will start to bite on it's own and then I can't disengage the clutch, and the pedal will just stay stuck to the floor.

I was unreliably informed it was a Slave cylinder problem, which I replaced almost immediately. But alas still getting the same problem.

I have been told it won't be the master as the master also controls the brake system. And I don't have any problems with my brakes!

I've also been told it could be a clutch release bearing, but to replace that would mean dropping the gearbox, which I want to try to avoid, especially if I’m not sure of what the problem is.

Any suggestions??

[/b]

No the clutch master is seperate from the Brakes, otherwise everytime you press the brakes, you release the clutch......who ever told you that is wrong. All the Brake and Clutch master cylinders have in common is a shared fluid resevoir.

I would consider checking your master cylinder and can you confirm the slave was bled properly?

yep id replace the master too.

its a fine balance. when you replace one the weaknesses of the other come to the surface as fluid is harder to push. ive had exactly the same problem myself and replacing both cylinders solved it. make sure they are bled up well too.

Yes the slave was fitted properly. And on Saturday I bled the whole system, the fluid looked like it had never been changed, and was full of flaky bits!

I really thought this would solve it but no! So would it be definitely worth replacing the master? As my man tells be he's convinced this is not the problem!!

Well if it's NOT the master, the only remaining possible cause is the clutch's own return springs. And if they're fooked, it would slip continually.

Yours doesn't slip, so it has to be the hydraulics, simple as that.