carrots

tickover strange and poor on fuel

hi i no corrados are not the best on fuel but mine this time last year was showing 39mpg on the bypass and 32 ish on normal roads.now its hard to get it up to 29 on the bypass and 17 normal roads.also if its ticking over the revs are rising and falling on there own.i was going to try an injector cleaner,is there anything else worth checking or changing.its starts great and doesnt cut out when ticking over

Not sure how you would check it but it could be the cold start valve thats gone , happened in my old 16valver and fuel was terrible , im not sure that would cause the revs to dip though that could be an isv problem , im sure someone with more exparience will be along soon to point you in the right direction

bump

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:24 PM ----------

it ticks over fine when cold

whats it cost for the part,if its cheap i might just change it,as i said it ticks over fine untill hot then the revs drop and pick up but it doesent stall

No MAF on 1.8 Valvers. Clean out the ISV, but Id say cold start injector possibly as well. Start with the cheap stuff though like the temp sensor, and cleaning out tb and isv. Probably wont help with fuel consumption, but may help with lumpy idle and isolate the problem a bit more. Fuel additives wont make much difference to clean the injectors though. It either replace, or send em off to be ultrasonically cleaned. If u go for a cleaner though, BG44k is the best of the lot imo.