Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Rallye headlights on a corrado

I've seen a couple done, cna't quite make my mind up. Anyone got any pics? does anyone in the UK actually have this mod on theirs?

IMO looks good from a distance, but not sure close up. The lights just dont match the wings unless you start adding some metal etc... All the C's I have seen with them seem to have a grill spoiler fitted, I guess to help hide the fact they dont fit quite right.

I would personally just 'smoke out' the Corrado lamps mate like you did with your Rallyes - they don't quite look 'right' on a C imo.

I've always prefered it the other way round - when people swap the rallye lights for C ones - they're wider units and so fill the front better IMO...

There seems to be a trend in the US for swapping to the Euro spec lens - europe would be fine as still LHD, but yeah ours would be no use... maybe you could put em on upside down :lol:

Anyone know the difference between the US and Euro lens'?

i want the lights...how hard is it to install them? the US spec stuff it really terrible to comply with the US standards. the US lenses have a way more defused pattern on the lense. you lose 75% of the light + the wiring isnt great, you arent even getting the full wattage to the bulbs. let me know about a pair of those lights.

Whoa! Surely the US stuff is similar.. I mean Corrado lights over here are bad too so don't bother swapping the lights, it sounds like you need to uprate to a headlight loom :wink:

i really want to have something better than just a loom. there are a few choices i have been thinking about... the bmw e36 lights, the rallye lights, just a set of the ecode lights, or anything else that may come up...

someone should be sitting at home and making those lights... i want them really bad but i dont want to make them myself. id pay a good amount for those.

cant someone train a monkey to make them.. throw him a banana once in a while. and a 20 deck. :lol:

old thread I know....but I'm thinking about doing this, seeing as I have 2 brand new rallye lights in my loft, some knackered old projectors which are crying out for HID's, and a knackered rallye front panel too.....

tempted to try it out on my old front panel first just in case it doesn't look right. also, tempted to butcher my spare rallye grille too just incase it doesn't look right and I ruin my rieger one

thoughts? should I even bother?

any more pics since this thread was last seen?