Jamie

Boot build pics

Anyone got any pics of some nice boot installs? I'm thinking about getting mine done and just after a bit of inspiration :)

Had a look for you last night sc but there's about a million Bob Browns! :D

Here's mine...

Corrado7-1.jpg

Coming out shortly along with the 2 Alpine V12 amps hidden behind the enclosure.

That is a lovely install Chris.. When it comes out can you take a picture of it from the inside so i can see how it is all mounted please..

Thread revival/showing off:

Serious DIY, this! - The driver came in a 2x12" I bought off ebay... Turned out the outer suspension had been (badly) glued back onto the basket, (preventing any chance of re-attaching!) so rather than admit defeat, I bought new outer suspensions from my-audio-addiction on ebay (from USA) and rebuilt the drivers. 1's in my B4 passat, the other was kicking about spare, so I made templates and built the biggest feasible box to fit how I wanted.

It's all MDF, so the back's all crazy angles to fit up tight to the arch tub.

That was fun!

I know it's technically too small, but I've tried these drivers in a fair few different sealed boxes, and the sound's not wildly different - nice and even, no signs of the dreaded "1 note" bass!

When it was in primer, it looked like something out of a 60s concept car.

Anyway, enough twaddle, on with the pics:

100_1621_zps07554dcf.jpg

100_1623_zps141a63c7.jpg

The 6x9"s were in when we got the car, and sound OK, so they're staying.

There's a nice old Alpine headunit replacing the nasty modern Sony that was in when we got it... All that's left is to get a bargain on a set of components for the front!

Edited by fonzooorooo

Anyone got any pics of some nice boot installs? I'm thinking about getting mine done and just after a bit of inspiration :)

He said "nice" chaps.. come on!

:bonk:

Only messing before i get shouted at..

Check our facebook page (link below) might help boost ideas

Mine came to a bit of a standstill unfortunately. It's all in and wired but the finishing has taken a bit of a different direction and got put on the back burner. It's back on the agenda now so should hopefully be finished soon. Its going to look the bollocks an all :lol:

Edited by Jamie