GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Dash value?

Hey guys,

I bought a complete dash, center console and wiring loom for my Caddy project. Started to wonder if I can be bothered with all the effort of making it fit into the Caddy.

Just wondering what it would be worth? It's one of the earlier ones without the circle heater knobs, has the cassette holder section in the middle of the dash (I hear they are quite rare? with it being an optional extra).

Anyways, just wondering what the value of it is if I were to sell it? I paid £100.

Oh I would, just checking I could actually get my money back, rather use it than lose on it etc.

Thinking of just selling and buying a Mk1 Caddy dash, simple fit, and just spruce it up with a few modern touches.

Appreciate the reply mate.

dude just put it on ebay advertise for 1p to pull in people, get a mate to bid £99 then it will either sell for over 100 or you can just re-list it? SORTED!

Is this an early or late dash ?

Slidey heater controls or twisty knobs ?

If early,it's only worth about £50 ! The shells are the same,but the later (troublesome)centre consul/heater are getting harder to find,but the more robust early ones are two a penny !

Exactly, but you may as well just stick it up for £100 and invite offers. It does come with looms and switchgear as well by the sounds of it.

He got the early model, one with sliders instead of late model circle ones. I paid not so long ago £45 just for a late centre console in almost mint state (just one tab broken). When it comes to dash, it seems most money can be made on ABS light, headlight switch and that crappy centre console (late model).

Centre console and fixings may be worth something. As for the dash itself - I couldn't give a late one away and ended up taking it to the tip.

I'm trying not to make the guy feel bad for paying £100 for it.

You lot aren't helping :grin:

dude just put it on ebay advertise for 1p to pull in people, get a mate to bid £99 then it will either sell for over 100 or you can just re-list it? SORTED!

This is called shill bidding and will get you and anyone involved banned from ebay. It's also a pet hate of mine and I report anyone who I think might be doing it!!

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html