hughes86

stage 4 supercharger service schedule

Hi guys this is probs a re post but im getting a g60 at the weekend, it has a stage 4 charger rebuilt by jabba approx 3000 miles ago, how often are these due a service? the car has 127000 miles on the clock

any help appreciated

adam

Cheers dude. I've noticed the charger has a blanking plate on where the throttle pipe should be is it just a case of put the pipe back on in order to put it back to normal to lube up the charger or would it need servicing again before I do this

There isn't actually a service schedule from Vw on the chargers but as above, people seem to have them done around 30k on a 68mm pulley.

As for the return pipe, yep, pop that back on to go back to standard although it's not really there to lube the charger, all this lubing lark is a load of crap. The only time to lube/grease them up is when rebuilding to bed in the apex seals and whatnot.

The return pipe is just to stop fumes going into the atmosphere. There are oil seals in the charger, and where there are oil seals or oil mist or heavy breathing you tend to find a method of re circulation to stop fumes entering the atmosphere.

I don't know who came up with the whole lubing idea but suspect it was one of the rebuild company's.

All the bearings have the oil supply from the engine but the boost return is to lube the apex seals as they seal onto the charger walls. The oil supply from the engine goes nowhere near those (or shouldnt).