porki

Brembos under 15's ... can I make it work?

Hi all, forgive the potentially crazy idea but working away in Germany for weeks on end with nothing but re-runs of Star Trek can addle ones mind and let you delve into all sorts of fantasy!..

I have always fancied G60 steelies on my car but currently have Ibiza brembos with 305mm (or 304mm depending where you look..) and obviously they won't fit. I have a spare set of brembos with a seized piston just sitting in the shed.. So I have been pondering if i was to mill 10mm of the carrier bracket (305-285)/2

firstly would the disc still be big enough to accomodate the pad

secondly would the whole lot squeeze under the aforementioned wheels?

I know dragon_green is running hi-spec calipers with 285s under Estorils but i also know the brembo is quite a chunky caliper. Any feed back would be most welcome even if it is just... No!

cheers,

Ian

I have got 8x16 compomotive TH's on mine and they clear but it is close i imagine 15" are too small

mine wont fit over a 9x16 Borbet A and 99% sure wont fit over any 15" wheel I was going for another set for my MK1 but I have BBS RS001's on that so I either chop the splitties in for a 16" set of stick with 280mm G60 brakes

I know I haven't got Brembo's,but I could get a 295 disc behind my 15" wheels,and with 5mm spacers 300mm,if I could get cheap enough 305's I would turn them down to fit.

305mm Brembos will sit behind 15" Compomotive MOs.

That doesn't totally surprise me as the mo's are a motorsport wheel wasn't entirely sure.

You can also fit an AP racing 330mm 4 pot kit behind 16" MOs :D Awesome wheels for brakes!

:notworthy: Respect you certainly have an immense knowledge of brake/wheel combo's is it because the comp's are motorsport wheel's you are able to fit big brakes behind them?

I have 16" MOs in the shed and some 16" clio speedlines on at the mo which clear the brembos with 305mm discs, was just a wonderment really to see if I could waste some time in Germany engineering something to get them under 15's! Thanks for the thoughts and info though, might well dust the MOs off problem with them for me is they are so heavy - bomb proof but heavy!