Critical_Mass

Anyone work for VW?

Hi all,

Need some help. Last week i had my B5 written off. Bought a B5.5 and it didnt come with a radio. So put the one i had in the B5, into the B5.5

Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a code in the paper work. Can anyone, who works at VW, get me the code? I have the radio serial no.

Do VW still give codes out?

Cheers Dave. Not sure if its good thing or bad. I put a deposit down on the b5.5 2 days before my B5 was written off - i was planning on selling it. So saves me the hassle of that.

Where's the port on the B5.5, is it behind the front ash tray?

They moved it to the driver foot well, have a feel underneath just above the brake pedal. Makes it a pain if you want to log outputs whilst on the move.

Yeah found the port. Thanks.

Now, im having the issue of no usb ports being recognised. Im using the HEX + USB download... so many choices im not sure which one is the 16pin to USB download.

Its version 11.11???

Yeah i could well end up going to the dealer, but want to give vagcom a go, seen as i have a cable. Will try the lite version thanks Ollie.

Edited by Critical_Mass

Dealer I'm afraid. You won't find the code with VCDS.

You may need to use VCDS to get the Radio recognised by the car but code is self contained to the unit.

yeah sorry its a Passat :-/

BigTartanJudge - not seen you for a while.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Ok spoken to VW.. apparently i have to book it in and they'll plug vagcom into it to retrieve the code - cost of £20

So sounds like you can use VAGCOM to get the code. Will try that, failing that i'll take it to a independent audio place and see if they can help.

Ok spoken to VW.. apparently i have to book it in and they'll plug vagcom into it to retrieve the code - cost of £20

So sounds like you can use VAGCOM to get the code. Will try that, failing that i'll take it to a independent audio place and see if they can help.

They will use the VAS system (VAG's own diagnostics) to link through to the VAG database for your car. VCDS does not have that capability.

ah right... p00p. really dont want to have to book it in to the dealers. May just cut my losses and get a new headunit... needed a newer one anyway as the tape deck just doesnt cut it with todays digital media.