karmannski

Headlight switch late type

Arent Matts chinese copies ?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

ive got a genuine late one that id swap for an early one

Arent Matts chinese copies ?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

ive got a genuine late one that id swap for an early one

Upgraded Chinese switches as these have led lights inside rather than bulbs, so don't cause the heat that makes the rocker switch plastic brittle and eventually break. This is the reason the majority of genuine switches need to be changed. Selling a genuine one would be at least 16 years old if original to the car, so how much use has it had compared to a new one.

I stand by the quality of my ones by how good the feedback is about them. More will be in production soon, I'll keep everyone updated.

Upgraded Chinese switches as these have led lights inside rather than bulbs, so don't cause the heat that makes the rocker switch plastic brittle and eventually break. This is the reason the majority of genuine switches need to be changed. Selling a genuine one would be at least 16 years old if original to the car, so how much use has it had compared to a new one.

I stand by the quality of my ones by how good the feedback is about them. More will be in production soon, I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks Matt for deeming one of my spares worthless.

Thanks Matt for deeming one of my spares worthless.

Hi Chris

Not my intention at all and apologies if you think I did. I wanted to give a measured response to answer about the question of mine being Chinese copies. Sometimes people have a preconceived idea about a product. This is true about Chinese products as its thought of that they are inferior, I just wanted to set the record straight.

Everything has a value, you stating its worthless is more damaging to it selling than anything I can say. I recently sold a new genuine switch I had for spare for more than the others. Some people will only buy genuine and others are happy as long as it works. That's why GSF selling pattern parts and TPS with genuine parts can happily operate side by side. Just catering for different markets.

But be sure I wasn't having a dig at you.

So are you doing early ones or is should this forum be http://www.the-late-spec-VR6Corrado.net ;)

Hey buddy, how's you?

Sorry its only the late type I've been able to find in production. Think you should register that web address, looks good!

I'm good Matt cheers, shame the car isnt !! I have a toothed pulley setup on my G60 and solid tensioner which is \ has caused me no end of grief !! two belts later, new cambelt tensioner, new solid tensioner bar and a charger rebuild on the horizon I may just get to drive it by xmas !!

Edited by G60 CS