ausgolfer

Compomotive MO5 on G60 which size and offset would be best?

Hello All,

I have my heart set on a set of 17' compomotive MO5s for my G60

They have 2 sizes available 7.5 and 8 inch both look like the same rim face to me.

Will either work/fit? and if so what offset would be ideal?

Cheers. Neither Corrados or Compomotive wheels are common in Australia :p

---------- Post added at 1:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:10 PM ----------

So a little more searching and looks as though a few people are running 17x8s

Is this right?

I'd still love some advice on which offset for a G60?

Cheers.

I`ve got a set on my VR6, and they look the "Dogs". I`m running 17"x8", et 32 on the car. But people are running et 30, to allow for larger brakes. It all depends on what brakes your running, or going to run, but 17"x8" would fit fine. Where are you thinking of ordering them from ? I and a few others ordered them direct from Compomotive, spoke to a guy call James in sales I think, very helpfull, and he maybe able to do you a deal.

Is you car lowered much ?

Another vote for 17 x 8, although i think I'm et35...

Goldie what brake set up are you running ?

thanks for the input guys. You're both in VR6s though so the offset will be different? or same?

The car isn't lowered yet..... currently somewhere in the upper stratosphere.

I do want to lower it quite a bit, drive it hard with passengers....possible?

Definitely wouldn't go larger than 205/40/17s

Not sure where to order from yet, most likely will go direct as I'm all the way over here..

Goldie what brake set up are you running ?

312s up front and Mk4 rears...

Im not sure what difference it being a G60 would make, are the front arches the later wide ones? You probably will have to go direct to the company themselves...

ET35s fitted over my 330mm AP Racing brakes with room to spare. The one thing Compos are good for is brake clearance, but at 10.5Kg a peice, they make a Corrado feel like it has lead feet.

Hello peoples, the saga continues.

Got in touch with James from compomotive who seems awesome, he's suggesting ET30 for a 4 stud rado. or 35 with the possibility of a 5mm spacer if need be. But he seems to be leaning towards ET30...

So this arvo I fitted a set of old 17x7s ET40 I have laying around, to see how they sit. And I have about an inch clearance from the rim to the strut both front and rear.

My thinking is if these rims were ET35 I should have 30mm clearance. Then if they were 8 wide(instead of 7) it'd pull it back to 17-18mm clearance.....if my thinking is correct?

And I have yet another question, do you have less clearance to coilovers than standard struts? Is the body of coilover struts considerably or notably bigger than that of standard struts? And do the spring platforms sit anywhere near the tires?

Cheers, Carl.

Go with 17x7.5 et 30 or you are very limited on tyres that fit either rubbing your arches or if you have coilovers rubbing on the platform.

Coilover strut is thicker to.

Iain

Heres mine on 16" MO5's, ET35, on coilovers, mk4 rear calipers (no spacer), Brembo Calipers up front (small spacer)

IMG_8170_1555x1037.jpg