Jim

GTI Internation - new venue for 2013...

Just thought folks might be interested to know that Inters has moved to a new venue for 2013.. Shakespeare County Raceway near Stratford on Avon.

One of the reasons from the email is "outstanding safety for sprint spectators with grandstand seating for 3,000" - guessing after the accident this year, they needed to do something to improve safety so this seems like a good idea.

Hope the new venue works out for them.

I completely missed it this year. There's no real interest for me either any more.. endless "chip tuning" companies, endless cars on Bentley alloys with 'detailed' stickers horizontally down the windscreen, and barely any decent traders. Gone are the days of the likes of GPC having a stand... I'm done with "VW shows" I think!

It's Rotiform across the side of the windscreen, now that's cool! (Where's the irony smily :lol:)

Otherwise not so lol, given the accident was caused by a muppet who couldn't be bothered to check tightness/secure fit of vital items such as steering wheel etc. Only solution in terms of spectator safety would be 2 massive walls either side of those needing to show off their testosterone levels, erm, I mean going down the track.

Tempest

Last time I went to Inters, GPC were selling brushed Corrado script badges for £12. It was ten years ago though.

I completely missed it this year. There's no real interest for me either any more.. endless "chip tuning" companies, endless cars on Bentley alloys with 'detailed' stickers horizontally down the windscreen, and barely any decent traders. Gone are the days of the likes of GPC having a stand... I'm done with "VW shows" I think!

Feel the same way myself.:shrug: