vw.classics

External / Outside temp on MFA - VR6

I have a fully functioning MFA showing the time, oil temp, ave MPG, trip time....but no outside temperature?!

I'm fairly certain that my other Corrado 16v and VR6's have all shown external temp so I can't understand why this one doesn't?

It's a 95 VR6...

Any obvious areas to check or please let me know if it doesn't have the external temp on this model's MFA computer.

Cheers

If the outside temp isn't showing it means the sensor is broke/missing. The sensor is located in the front bumper/drivers side if I remember rightly (I moved mine into my air box lol) It's like a plastic lump sat in a plug.

Edit: Ah, found pics in my members motors thread...

Where it sits in the lower front bumper (drivers side)

15120094.jpg

Pic of the plug/sensor

15120092.jpg

And the sensor.

041705.jpg

Edited by Riley

If the outside temp isn't showing it means the sensor is broke/missing. The sensor is located in the front bumper/drivers side if I remember rightly (I moved mine into my air box lol) It's like a plastic lump sat in a plug.

OK, thanks for that. Do you access it from the engine bay side of the bumper or externally e.g under the fog lights on front bumper?

I think, and don't quote me on this as it's a long while since I messed with mine...But I think you access it from engine bay, sticking your arm down towards the bumper grill.

I think, and don't quote me on this as it's a long while since I messed with mine...But I think you access it from engine bay, sticking your arm down towards the bumper grill.

Nice one, I'll take a look. Thanks for the quick reply :)

It might just be disconnected! Had an emergency radiator replacement at a garage I won't be going back to and amongst other things they forgot to reconnect it once they'd finished fitting the rad and were putting it back together!

Mine's been hanging about loose next to the carbon canister ever since I bought it. The cable for mine isn't even close to long enough to reach the bumper (it barely stretches to the slam panel!) - was there anywhere else they were ever fitted?

Mine's been hanging about loose next to the carbon canister ever since I bought it. The cable for mine isn't even close to long enough to reach the bumper (it barely stretches to the slam panel!) - was there anywhere else they were ever fitted?

Yeo,in the brake cooling duct

urage3an.jpg

Sounds like yours has been re routed to me