ADAM-VW

Jetex exhaust fitting problems

Hi everyone, just got myself a jetex system and thought i would have a go at fitting it today, but after removing the old bodged up back box and having a look underneath i think i am missing a hanger?

5D5DA414-37DD-4A20-8F9F-67EA8FA8D7DB-343-0000003E043B8BD1.jpg

Is there anywere i can get new hangers?

Also on further inspection it seems the hanging point for the rear of the back box is facing a different direction to the bar attached to the back box. If that makes sense

7E72EA34-B1F8-4B6A-9D3F-BEB612ECCA9B-343-0000003E081C7F6C.jpg

CD3F8DF9-5357-4BAB-930E-0181AD6FEAE4-343-0000003E12A69F99.jpg

85B770FF-43DF-4AA5-9C85-3AB085413912-343-0000003E0D16926D.jpg

As you can see the hanging bars on the exhaust are straight, will i need to have them modified so they have a bend in them to fit the hanngers

I am new to all this o hope someone on here can help

Thanks, adam

is your car an early model? as im sure there is differences in how the exhaust hangers on the car and on the system itself between 88-92 is early and anything after is late ?

im sure that you have a late style exhaust system there in your pics with staight bars instead of the hook ones used on early models

Yep you have a mis match my friend. Early Corrado with hook type hangers, versus Jetex late Corrado exhaust system with bar type hangers. Sadly for you this is not good and the two do not mix. The cost and effort involved to attempt the task of getting this system to fit is not worth it. Furthermore even if you follow this path the fit will be a constant pain in the arse. Have seen soapy try, and none have been content with the result.

Thanks for replys guys, i have a 95 2.0 8v.

I thought all late models had same exhaust fitment but now im thinking the 8v maybe different fitting to all other late models?

The exhaust in pic is from a late model g60.

I've a pattern 16v back box on my 8v, they're exactly the same fitment. you appear to have no rear bar-hanger on your car at all though???

I've a pattern 16v back box on my 8v, they're exactly the same fitment. you appear to have no rear bar-hanger on your car at all though???

Yes you are rite pal, the last owner tiewrapped a chavvy back box on and for some reason removed the hanger :s

I have managed to get hold to 2 bar hangers that are the correct ones for late models.

It seems the hanger shown on the second pic isnt the correct one for my car hence the reason why the rear bar on the back box wouldnt go into the rubber hanger.

Thanks for everyones help