Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

feel like selling....

Just had enough of the old girl, she sucks me dry of money (like my Las :lol: ),summer is coming and I'm a bike fan,want bike cant afford one without selling the C ...when winter comes again I will want her back... :(

Cant make up mind :(

help..............

I lost my first C to some diesel on a wet corner... I missed it for 3 years until I could afford a G60 and then haven't looked back... 8)

Yes, it's cost me a small fortune, but that's just 'cos I've gone overboard... ;) :D

I keep toying with the idea of getting a bike, but I know I'd end up hurting myself on it, so I won't do it... I'm gonna try and get my licence this year though... :)

Just had enough of the old girl, she sucks me dry of money (like my Las :lol: ),summer is coming and I'm a bike fan,want bike cant afford one without selling the C

Easy! Dump the "las", hey presto, enough £££'s for the C & a bike!

:D

I keep toying with the idea of getting a bike, but I know I'd end up hurting myself on it, so I won't do it... I'm gonna try and get my licence this year though... :)

same here, i'd give myself a week, then death

I'm in the same predicament.

Had bike accident last year May.

Bike taken off the road and put in storage.

Next month I bought a car - lovely Mazda MX-3 which is the smallest V6 engine in production at 1.8 litres. Revs much quicker than my VR6. Anyway.

As you know got the VR6 and had the accident in it, innit !

Sold the car, fixed up bike, now that it's warmer and I'm gonna get it MOT'd this weekend.

But I really miss having a Corrado !

I will probably kill myself on a bike and I feel much safer in a car.

But summer + warm sun = biking weather.

Which would you choose ?

Oh and my mother said I can use her car which is a N-reg Mazda 332.

So I COULD have 4-wheel transport if I really wanted to keep my Monster.

PS would cost too much to have both and insure both, what with having accidents on both !

After selling my Corrado, I couldn't think of any other car I wanted to own again. I came crawling back after a year :)

I see where you are coming from, and my new car is already making me think hard - Corrado's are wonderful but they can be a nightmare. And yesterday when I rolled into work with 13MPG showing on my trip computer (I kid you not) I have been requestioning the whole thing all over again. Though obviously its a different situation for you and your motorbikes.. never been a fan so thats never been a problem for me :D

Good luck with whatever you decide to do - but losing your Corrado is very tough, and you really will regret it when it goes.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do - but losing your Corrado is very tough, and you really will regret it when it goes.

Tell me about it :cry:

Touch wood, I haven't had a problem with my raod yet, except the parking dint...and the minor crash, both of which were no fault of the car.

I don't get all the annoyance at the expense of the Corrado - I mean I do see so many chuck a lot of money into them.

Mine has not broken down or f%^ked up once since I got it. Admittedly I have spent a lot of money on it but much of that has been choice to keep it in top running order and/or tuned.

Almost any car over a few years old will cost a certain amount to run regardless. Mine has been more reliable than any other car I have owned (all been German too)

Although looking at the cars history, the 2 years before seemed like expensive ones with new ECU and Clutch etc. I think now it has had most main parts replaced over the last few years :)

Probably go and breakdown now this weekend having said that :mrgreen:

OK I'm being a bit unfair to mine. It has never broken down and doesn't feel like it will.

Maybe it's just the fact it needs the chains doing, a clutch for the 3rd time etc all at the same time. Kind of clouds your judgement a bit.

I just don't remember any of my previous VWs being anywhere near as fickle and fragile as the Corrado.

Still.... it is one handsome fecker isn't it?

Well just to p*ss you have I have both. My bike cost about 4 times what the cars cost but I dont care. You can pick the early corrados that have had the clutch/head etc done pretty cheap so I would say you can still have both.

I find that a having a bike makes you a better driver and calms you down as you are more aware of road conditions and potential dangers.

Good weekend coming up so my car will not move an inch. Bike all the way :evil:

Get a cheap bike and keep the Corrado 8)

If you get into bikes believe me the cost of Corrado ownership will plumet.. mine has done 3k since I bought it a year ago.. funnily enough it's been very reliable :wink:

DON'T think bike ownership is cheap however :shock: Well worth it though!

I think I'll get a bike once I've ran out of things to buy for the corrado. until then, the money pit gets deeper and deeper....

Mine has not broken down or f%^ked up once since I got it. Admittedly I have spent a lot of money on it but much of that has been choice to keep it in top running order and/or tuned.

I'm not tempting fate by saying anything, other than I have no AA, RAC etc cover

you fool! it's only £40, get some befor eyou have to. I once paid £300 to have my golf towed home after it'd broke down.....I learned the hard way.

you fool! it's only £40, get some befor eyou have to. I once paid £300 to have my golf towed home after it'd broke down.....I learned the hard way.

I usually learn the hard way too :(

Its one of those things that I always think about doing, but never get round to

Had C's now for 8 years (three different ones), but have only had to call out the RAC 3 times, all three on the second G60. First time the cam follower dropped as I was on my way to Edinburgh (didn't cost much, about £100 I think). Second time the accelerator cable stuck open (scarey as fcuk!, but sod all to fix), third time the distributor went which left the car off the road for two weeks just as I was trying to sell it to buy the Campaign....

Apart from that, I'd say my C (touch wood) costs no more than any other car to run. I work out to spend about £1,000 a year in servicing, add ons, insurance and tax. My old Land Rover cost about the same to run (mind you most of that was in Petrol!) :)

In 14 years of VW ownership, zero call outs.

Only had one significant problem in all that time and that was the 16V Turbo blowing it's head gasket at 115mph. But it still made it home, so can't be classed as a breakdown!

The only car that has ever left me stuck by the side of the road was my Austin Allegro.

All my other cars have been German, enough said.

K

erm, can I throw a spanner in these works? :oops:

MKI Golf GTI - con rod came through the side of the block on the M62... engine still started and ran fine, but didn't fancy trying to drive it 80 miles with no oil or water and a con-rod sticking through the block :?

MKI Golf 16V (same car, new engine! ;) ) - fuel pump died on the way back from BVF at Malvern... The AA flatbed beat my mates home! :)

Corrado 16V - Head gasket went and also when I wrapped it around a hedge and into a field... :oops:

Golf GTI MkII - Headgasket twice, alarm once and the oil cooler popped... (I hated this car, cost me loads and was pants)

Corrado G60 - Head gasket once, Crank bolt once (and that fault will never happen again!)

10 call outs in 10 years... at least I'm getting my monies worth! ;) :roll: :oops:

And I STILL keep buying VWs and I STILL love my 'rado to bits even though it's been a little pig to me over the last year or so... :| 8)

Getting AA membership VERY soon - especially before driving up to Inters!