Hofmiester

Ron's Blackberry VR6 - A11 VRX - Getting her back on the road

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to see that cheeky little number in there. Happy to find it though!

Yes other chip is for sale, it is for a coil pack 2.9

I called Stealth today as I thought I had full history for the car but this isnt in there so I wanted to check what was going on.

They confirmed (very helpful) that my car has been at Stealth twice, once in 2011 (which I have recipts for) for timing chains, water/oil pump and clutch change. But also another time in 2006 (I have no recipt for) which was for the Miltek exhaust, vibratechnics mount and a rolling road re-map.

Awesome news as I was wondering where/when the car gained the miltek and engine mounts. Also means the car has been properly set up for it's mods.

Today I striped out the door cards and removed the nasty chrome finish window tint. Still need to have another go at the glue as plenty let on :(

Also fixed my non working passenger wing mirror. The control switch had green oxidisation all over the connectors.

Before

9edetazy.jpg

After

5abesu8e.jpg

Then I gave the door card and handles etc a bloody good clean and lined the parts that mate with the door in felt.

3ena9y2y.jpg

Edited by Hofmiester

Early job for me this AM, the plastic trim around the heater controls on my car was covered in deep scratches on the top edge where someone had been very clumsy while fitting a radio.

sy4uhe7y.jpg

Got a mint one from eBay for £8

y6yny4eq.jpg

Mmmmm Samco!

7usydy3e.jpg

Thanks to Dave (fragsxr) for sorting me out with these!

Just need to find a company that sells the two oil cooler pipes?

Found some pics of my old Corrados at the weekend:

My Burgundy Pearl 1.8 16V, circa 2001

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72437[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]72438[/ATTACH]

Any my Khaki VR6 with the VWM VSR and Mushroom leather, circa 2002

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72439[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72440[/ATTACH]

Finally got my engine bay tidier and ready for the North East meet next weekend. Haven had a chance to get my Samco hoses on though :(

7yge5e7a.jpg

Also new set of genuine mats from the dealers, just to add a final touch as mine are looking a bit tired.

7avydagy.jpg

Edited by Hofmiester

Finally got my engine bay tidier and ready for the North East meet next weekend. Haven had a chance to get my Samco hoses on though :(

7yge5e7a.jpg

Also new set of genuine mats from the dealers, just to add a final touch as mine are looking a bit tired.

7avydagy.jpg

How much are they from the dealer?

---------- Post added at 6:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:32 PM ----------

7yge5e7a.jpg

7avydagy.jpg

How much are they from the dealer?

I never knew you were able to even buy them let alone that they were available from a dealer! I thought the mats were a just-matz thing!

Took a couple of snaps this morning before setting off for Stanford hall. Treated the paint to a clay bar, AG resin polish and AG extra gloss. Also balmed the leather!

[ATTACH]73917[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73918[/ATTACH]

Cheers man, getting there. Feels like rather than there bring more wrong than right, the balance has tipped the other way. Still got a hit list of jobs but they are steadily going down......just like my bank balance ;)

Yeah looking sweet there man still think you have done ok and i believe you are the person to get this car really good enjoyed your banter at stanford mate you done well lasting as long as you did considering your night before :salute: ^^^^ it's only money mate you want to try and run an R32 bank holiday all the crazy nutter's out there and your there doing 70 yeah right no use having it if you aren't going to use it see you soon matey :)

Time to finally sort out these appalling brakes. Set of 288s, new EBC pads, new disks and also Goodridge braided lines front/rear, also changing abs sensors while we're at it.

3uhuqary.jpg

Also having a service and Samco hoses put on at the same time......man, the Corrado gets treated better than my wife and kids ;)

Picked my car up this morning having had the 288s fitted, Goodridge stainless braided hoses, service and very pleased to say a fresh MOT (no advisories!)

qu5u7yze.jpg

unapuba5.jpg

Not sure if it is a 20yr old car thing but the pedal still travels a fair bit further than my mk7 golf before it starts to brake, however when it does brake, it bites hard which is much better.

yryny2u5.jpg

Got my Samcos in!

8u8yju4e.jpg

Whoooooops.....so much for OEM+ ;)

Edited by Hofmiester

HAHA, yeah and I probably paid too much for it thanks to you!

It had a lot of bidders on that one. Steadily sourcing the rest of the Kit, Mattpc on here has been a big help. Also James at 4 Seasons tuning has been awesome in providing me with the instructions.

Will likely do it in the next 2-3 months depending on how quickly i can pull all the bits together.

Edited by Hofmiester

HAHA, yeah and I probably paid too much for it thanks to you!

Wasn't me, was about to bit but it was more than I was prepared to spend on it. Hope it's in a good nick and will give good results for the motor.