brownsoda

Brownsoda's '93 Dark Burgundy Pearl SLC

Hey folks, been thinkin' about joining over here for a long time. I've had this Corrado for about 6 years now and I'm about to get it running again. So here's to some good luck tonight, here's some pictures, I'll post more about what I did to it and the process in a while. For now a show of recent work.

8281537439_a83aff0918_c.jpg

8281536423_f082059980_c.jpg

8282588820_5d9c3e8897_c.jpg

8282585596_450eb0b6e5_c.jpg

8281528145_2485df2049_c.jpg

8282581320_ea01df46bc_c.jpg

8281523157_551a667088_c.jpg

Welcome to me folks, I'll be around:thumbleft:

Always good to have overseas owners on here, so welcome.

Aircon and if my eyes don't decieve me, cream leather ? Very nice.

What's it like getting parts on that side of the water ?

Thanks folks, not only am I from the US I'm from theleast populated state, so parts are a bitch to find a lot of the time.

Yeah its, SLC VR6, LC3U. Tan leather, no sunroof, factory keyless entry even. I searched for the car for a while before I went out of state to get it.

A little more info on this car and our history.

I bought the car 6 years ago with a blown motor, 12 bent valves due to slipped timing.

Tore down the car and then hit legal drinking age and work on the car slowed down quite a lot.

The car has: Autotech 262 cams, Lightweight lifters, HD valve springs, and a MKIV headgasket in a 50k mile motor from a 98 Jetta/Vento (Who knows what you guys call it over there).

All the suspension and bushings have been replaced with poly or R32 bushings and the transmission was torn down and we installed a Peloquins Limited slip differential and MKIII gearing for better gas mileage, I expect the go fast bits will increase performance to offset the calmer gearing. The gearing was switched over due to the pitting found on the gears in the CDM Corrado transmission.

Right now I'm working on getting it started, running into some snags at the end.

I currently get spark and oil pressure and I get fuel to the fuel rail but no Injectors are firing. Looking at the ECM relay as a culprit right now but any advice from the community is more than welcome.

Thanks for the help twats, I'll be back.

damn, I feel american as hell here.

Basically a rebuild and refresh so hopefully when this thing gets running it's like a new Corrado

8289954079_63ca3cf3b9_c.jpg

Edited by brownsoda

FepoypQ.jpg

aPO6rhO.jpg

iPctJux.jpg

9JVFeyw.jpg

So in all we put new bushings in the suspension all around. Many poly or R32 bushings. Poly motor mounts. Bilstein cupkit of sorts. Autotech 262s, MKIV HG, LW Lifters, HD valve springs, Purple samcos, Peloquin's LSD, TT Cam chip, restored the interior a bit. The rear suitcase muffler has been removed and the intake swiss cheesed. It's hopefully as mechanically factory fresh as I could afford to make it, it really drives sounds and feels tight and quick I'm ecstatic with how it came together and can't wait to get some time driving it. Poor man's problems, I'll have the money and better weather after this winter, it's been a long time coming, I can wait to drive it safely.

I've got a headlight bulb out, could that cause the brights not to work? They work when the left turn stalk is pulled back but that doesn't engage them.

Pretty small problems with everything having been apart for so long.

Well heres a video of it all together and running, weve got it on blocks to get the alignment set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kCX...e_gdata_player

Twas a pleasure.

Looking good, I'm biased as well as mine is a DBP - How you finding the 262 Cams, they reckon they idle smooth as stock? (Mine idles around 650/700 RPM when warm).

Ian.

The 262s are pretty rad, pretty smooth yeah, not stock smooth but really nice power delivery. I'm still breaking everything in but it pulls hard to 4000 rpm.