Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Plug Leads-VR6

Does anyone have any experience of aftermarket spark plug leads for a VR6.I was wondering if anyone can recommend replacement leads,there seems to be a vast selection.Do they really make any differnce? :?

I ve been told that nology hot wires are the best bar none. I ve seen a couple of modded cars with them on and they do look very good I was talking to darren and john at pd motorport about them at the weekend and they highly recomend them so they cant be bad have a look at the attached picture with them installed on a VR6. Each lead has it's own earth cable to earth out any negative signals which can damage your ecu and things like that, nology also do the profire coil and when conjoined with the leads they give an unbeatable spark apparently. I haven't tried them yet myself but I will be buying a set for my G60 as soon as I get it sorted out with an MOT and other nigly bits like that to see if they are any good.

Whats a profire coil, will it work on the vr's with a coil pack or does it replace the coil pack on cars with distributors? :?

dazzyvr6, When are you getting the Samco`s are you getting a good deal on them?I heard the ccgb got them at a really good discount-about half price,dunno if its true though. 8) 8)

will be getting them in the new year,i know demon tweeks sell them for £292 which is handy for me just being 6 miles from where i live,but i will be looking around to see if i can get them any cheaper

dazzyvr6, yeah I knew they were expensive Amber performance who advertise in the back of performance vw are doing the ten hose set for £199,thats including vat,not bad 8) 8)

dazzyvr6, When are you getting the Samco`s are you getting a good deal on them?I heard the ccgb got them at a really good discount-about half price,dunno if its true though. 8) 8)

The CCGB did in deed get a good deal i've got some coming soon in purple :lol: 8)