Miniturhero

Corrado project HELP!!!!!! Please

Hi there everyone I'm really hoping someone can help me , I have undertaken a vr6 corrado 1995 project and wen I bought the car it had been partly broken but that was an understatement lol anyway I have bought a lot of bits for this car and have fitted everything I think I need to that would enable me to start the motor but this isn't the case as I have no spark! :( can anyone help me as too what they think the problem might be as I'm stumped and I have power to the coil pack and ignition the car turns over and I think it injects fuel as I took out a wet plug so think its the spark , I may be missing some relays but not sure as I haven't seen the car complete as I said I bought it as a partly broken car please help if you can! I can email pics of engine bay etc if needed just pm me !!!!

Thank you!!!

Ok lets get the ball rolling. long distance diagnostics is a total nightmare, especially in a case like this where there are so many possible causes. So assuming all other factors are have been checked.Have you checked the crank sensor is functioning.

Thank you for starting and no I haven't yet a couple of people have said it I will defiantly try that fingers crossed its just that , the car has sat around for about a year or so before I got it so is that a common problem with engines tht sit around for a while for the crank sensor to go ?

As it is a cool pack engine have you got the correct relay for the ecu.

It's the 3rd one along the top row of relays on the fuse box. Should be numbered either 30 or 32 for a coil pack.

Crank sensor failure is a fairly common fault, and is directly linked to non spark faults.

Cheers guys that made me feel a lot better been working my butt off to piece the mess someone else had left at wen I thought I would finally hear the engine for the first time , nothing , but I will check these two things and go from there I'm pretty sure I have that relay, Is there anywhere that I can get photos or instructions on which relay goes where and all the wiring in the back of the fuse box ?

probably a long shot but worth a mention -have you checked that you have an ecu? , i wouldnt worry to much about the back of the fusebox plugs, they can only go in one way but you may want to print this out for future referance http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE2.html

that pic is the back of the fusebox, the white plugs are engine related ,

i guess seeing as the car was partly broken you dont realy know whats been played with,, good luck bud

Thank you mate thats a big help ! Yeah exactly I haven't a clue lol but I defiantly have the ecu and I pretty sure I have all the bits to start it so I hope that it is just the crank sensor and a possible relay arrangement. Cheers for the luck I think I'm gonna need all the luck I can get ! :D

That fuse guide is a good thing, i'll remember that one so thanks for posting that up.

Must be a nightmare picking up where someone left off too so best of luck with it ;)

That fuse guide is a good thing, i'll remember that one so thanks for posting that up.

Must be a nightmare picking up where someone left off too so best of luck with it ;)

maybe get a mod to sticky it in the electrical section?, op have you heard the fuel pump at all ? how long has the car been a non runner? maybe the fuel tank needs draining and re filling with fresh fuel?

I haven't heard the fuel pump wen I turn the ignition on so could be that but I'm sure there's fuel getting there ? As far as I know and by the look of it , it's been sitting around for around a year and its a brand new tank well second hand but new to the car and it was empty wen I got it so filled it up a bit to start

Hi guys I have just found 2x plugs in my engine bay that I have no clue as to what they do, does anyone know ?

F8CA7499-987B-451A-90D7-D3A4563D964F-4161-000007060FA0908E_zpsbae1c16e.jpgthats the first one on the left hand side of the engine bay.

F424ECC3-F02A-454F-8340-403DFE4C9AB2-4161-000007061621867A_zps4f2a32ce.jpg69941FB6-52C3-4301-8A95-58B32C792D98-4161-000007061C8A7ED5_zps85b9463b.jpg that's the second right next to the throttle body I've got the obd1 setup and I already have the plug that goes into the throttle body.

The blue one could be the one that goes to the Air temp sensor which is located in the mesh grill section under the bumper. Dunno about the other one.

A little voice inside me is saying that the grey one is for the ISV, but I don't know for sure...

Grey one is for cold start valve. But the valve is not fitted on British cars, so connects to a dud connector between the oil breather pipe and the rocker cover.

Edited by dumptyboy

As tony said I'd say it was the isv plug too! But where is the isv? Isn't the isv supposed to be attached to the throttle body?.I see the hose attachment to the tb under the throttle cable but no is attached.I don't know vr6 engines really but I know g60s won't start without the isv connected and defo won't start if its missing

I think I've already connected that , is the isv plug the one in this pic if so I have that , and the grey plug in question is on the other side

EC978245-818A-4AEE-A1CB-5EA445519601-5327-000008E151CFA126_zps306e6248.jpg

I think your right its for the idle control valve (isv) thank you guys !!! I will try the salvage yard tomorrow as they have a mk3 golf vr would that work the one off of a golf vr to put on a rado vr ?

Won't a faulty crank sensor stop spark AND fuel?

IIRC this is VERY true - I think the whole point of this thingy is to pretty much make sure the car won't keep feeding a potential fire hazard after accidents etc - if the engine should have stopped for some reason - but then again I could be completely wrong....lol.....

BTW - If you have VAG-COM the engine speed sensor (g28 I think it is) will come up with error if scanned only with ignition on - even if it's not really at fault)....

ALSO: Make sure ALL your ground connectors are good - They can cause a lot of grief.....;)

You can get software that deletes the isv but the hole in the manifold should have been plugged up if it had it installed.