Swompy

Lower your car they said, it would be fun they said!!!!

Well my daily driver sit rather low to the ground and recently (6months ago) had two new front tyres fitted. Earlier on this week when it was raining I noticed the car would under-steer rather a lot, which was quite disconcerting.

So next break in the rain I check my car out and found out why!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71343[/ATTACH]

So my new tyres ent so new any more!!!

Needles to say got some new tyres asap and whilst the wheel was off found out what had been chewing my tyres

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71344[/ATTACH]:bonk:

So on the weekend I shall be raising the front end a bit I think. 1 because of the appetite for tyres and 2 because I need to use two jacks just to get it in the air.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71345[/ATTACH]

Oh well all part of the fun I guess. :afro:

You will probably notice its got a bit more ooomph to it with the reduce friction on the wheel arch :)

PS those are 2 serious industrial size jacks you have there.

Edited by VWVW

Nope no noise what so ever.

Surely that would be - could not be heard over the music !! :D

when it was raining I noticed the car would under-steer rather a lot

:scratch: Can't think why...

surely you must have noticed how crap it drove well before it got that bad? I can even see bead sticking out of the rubber, it must have shaken bad at 60.

Well my daily driver sit rather low to the ground and recently (6months ago) had two new front tyres fitted. Earlier on this week when it was raining I noticed the car would under-steer rather a lot, which was quite disconcerting.

So next break in the rain I check my car out and found out why!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71343[/ATTACH]

So my new tyres ent so new any more!!!

Needles to say got some new tyres asap and whilst the wheel was off found out what had been chewing my tyres

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71344[/ATTACH]:bonk:

So on the weekend I shall be raising the front end a bit I think. 1 because of the appetite for tyres and 2 because I need to use two jacks just to get it in the air.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71345[/ATTACH]

Oh well all part of the fun I guess. :afro:

Pic2, all I can see is the tramlines in the arch liner caused by water / grit / dirt being flung at it off the tyre at speed, I can't see any actual contact?

Surely the plastic liner would have been melted/scorched. As above it doesnt look to have been that much contact if any. BUt that wouldnt explain the rapidly decreasing tread.

I wore through sections of the liner on a trackday once so I doubt the tyres would be wearing from this. It made a hell of a noise as well.

I'd imagine the toe would be a bit off here?

Had the same "problem" on my Golf, wore through a set of front-tires in 100km! And it didn't feel all to bad to drive still. The toe-in was ridiculus when I measured it.. :-p

Well had the car in the air today and if these marks are what people are saying they are then there are no ribbing marks on the inside of the arches. Only marks are from when on full lock.

The tracking is slightly out so might get that sorted soon.

Eithet that or it was duff tyres before hand. But the other side was quite worn down too.