Jamie

eBay bargain crimping tool

Don't know if any of you are into installing your car audio but spotted this screaming bargain earlier

http://bit.ly/Tar10n

Not sure if they're any good but I've seen ones that look exactly the same for sale over here for £30-£40 so for £12 got to be worth a shot

I know it probably won't make an awful lot of difference, and won't be noticable to the average person, but proper crimp tools are precision made. Like anything, you get what you pay for. They should be specifically set for American Wire Gauge or British Standard, (AWG in almost all circumstances now though), and therefore set to provide a firm grip using decent quality connectors without crushing, or being too loose. If its for low current cable runs, it should be ok, but anything that could cause problems, I wouldn't go near it tbh.

I know what you mean Sean but its got to be better than using a vice, a hammer and/or a poor soldering technique which is how a lot of home installers do it. Seen a few posts now on a couple of car audio sites from people that own a set and they are actually supposed to be very good.

*edit* gone back up in price now anyway :(