Sign in to follow this  
Tazkenny

New Owner - A few questions...

Hello All,

I just got myself a black 1994 corrado 16V :D I have always wanted one and sold my Seat Cupra to get one (miss the 1.8T lump though)

Anyway I have a few questions which I can't seem to find answers to by searching.

1. How do I tell a 1.8 and 2.0 engine apart ? engine numbers ?

2. Changed my gearbox oil but still sometimes crunches into first. Is it cable adjustment or syncromesh ?

3. The car stalls on idle only when cold ?

4. What diameter is the inlet manifold ? 44 or 50mm ?

Thanks in advance...

Kenny

Hi Tazkenny, welcome to the forum.

A 94 car should be the 2l 16v, the codes are kr for the 1.8 and 9a for the 2.0, and can be found on the timing belt cover on the offside of the engine. It could be the cable that needs adjustd on your car, another thing to check before you accuse the syncros, is the clutch. How does the clutch pedal feel.....if its flappy at the top, and has a low bite point, then you may need to bleed it, or replace the slave cylinder if its shot. I just got one from vw for £33 for mine the other day. What gearbox oil did you use?

I am not 100% sure, but i think your car will have the thin inlet tracts. This is to give the engine better poke lower down the rev range.

HTH

Hi,

Thanks. I will need to look at the clutch then, it doesn't feel particulary brilliant. It improved after the oil change ( I used synthetic ) I remember having a Scirroco years ago and it wouldn't go into first unless you slotted it into 2nd beforehand. This seems to work on the Corrado too.

Just need to get the cold and lumpy idle sorted... I looked for my ISV today but I don't have one the same as the pictures I have seen on here. Mine is bigger and shorter. I've had 8v Golfs etc so I know what I'm looking for. Any ideas ?

What goes on Corrado wise in Scotland ?