Sign in to follow this  
dubster82

dubster82's refresher pics, '07

do you actually have white in your your symbols now? or are they clear then?

Yup! I've used some proper lighting Gells which come with a protective paper on one side that you're supposed to remove before use, but, guess what colour it is?!? :D

It diffuses the light nicely and allows for a nice even spread of light along the whole unit... I haven't got any photos of it illuminated yet (only tested it briefly to check it works!) but it seems pretty good so far!

I did have to use 2 of the laserprinted templates overlapped to get a darkness for the black that I was happy with, but I think that's 'cos our work is tight and doesn't buy decent toner for the printers! :roll: :lol:

I'm now playing with the idea of doing some dials for the main clocks to go with the new autometer gauges I've got... If I do (and when I get the car to a stage I can safely put a battery back on it!) I'll take some photos and put them in my members gallery instead of hijacking yours! :wink: :lol:

Cheers Dubster, 'tis a very good guide! 8)

I've used some proper lighting Gells which come with a protective paper on one side

Yup!!

Thats the exact things i used :) i was going to do that for the digi screens cause i checked out some moto meter clocks first, but the VDO has a seperte green filter and white diffuser, so didnt need too! :D

I'll take some photos and put them in my members gallery instead of hijacking yours!

:lol: cool, no problem man, if people are looking for the guide this helps em out too, im gonna ad your comments to the guide :)

Well, thought it was about time to add something new to this here entry. Its actually been updated quite a bit, the spec on page 1 has grown and i've added several pics to sevaral posts without actually creating anything new.

so heres an actualy new post for a change.

on my way down to a RR day last november mr car lost grip on a roundabout and went on the kerb. :( never lettin my tyres get like that again... :roll:

theres a pic of what was picked off the ground after said incident.... :cry: new wheel needed there then. waiting for better weather tho......... :roll: Tho OZ's Rock, cause said wheel is currently residing in garage with tyre still fully inflated!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

Theres a pic of the dyno plot it came away with when i got the car back after it was fixed and mot'd etc. which is considerably differnt to what the dynos looked like before when it was standard bar a chip and stage4 (used to make just over 180 and i didnt know it had a chip, and stage 4 doesnt really do anything without being pullied so i dont count it the way it was) results are on the first page with the spec.

and the third pic is a sneaky peak at the future :lol: (along with some other things..) well as soon as i get it fitted. tryin to get a volksport front engine mount at the moment tho....

enjoy :)

Theres a pic of the dyno plot it came away with when i got the car back after it was fixed and mot'd etc. which is considerably differnt to what the dynos looked like before when it was standard bar a chip (yes, ONLY a chip - i also didnt think it had anything, used to make just over 180) results are on the first page with the spec.

didn't you have the charger stage 4'd before those figures too????? :wink:

stage 4 does virtually nuthin without a pulley :wink::wink::wink:

just flows a lil better, but no extra boost and it made no difference to any RR printout i had done. but i dint know it was chipped which woulda maybe made a difference. hece quite high "standard" figures it was coming away with.

stage 4 does virtually nuthin without a pulley :wink::wink::wink:

just flows a lil better, but no extra boost and it made no difference to any RR printout i had done. but i dint know it was chipped which woulda maybe made a difference. hece quite high "standard" figures it was coming away with.

ahh ok.....glad you cleared that one up :wink:

Ohh,sorry to hear bout your wheel.

Your C was sitting next to mine at star in november (red c) i remember thinking that its one very nice looking car.The main thing that sets it off is the colour and condition of the car and the red g60 badge.

cheers Fraser

KARMANN, cheers bud, i dont know if you looked at the wheel at all, but its completly mint apart from ythat section is missing. its amazing how well the wheels come out :D Makes me really glad i chose em.

Thanks for the comments too, i really like the G60 badge in red, have thought about taking it off a few times, but it suits the car soo well. The colour was a winner when i first saw it, and i dont happen to like other greys lol

From memory tho, yours was pretty nice too 8)

Nice motor :)

Nicely modded, subtly done.

And Duthie park....God that takes me back to when I was a nipper :) Loved it there.

I was born up there in Aberdeen, lived in Milltimber and Cults for a while then my Dad's job took us south of the border :(

Still got all my family on my Mum's side up there in Aberdeen though, so we still visit :)

that Corrado is the best 1 ive seen in a long time, nice one, what i would give to get a hold of 1 that has been someones baby, like yours has, the 1 ive got has been neglected, (left in a garage for 3 years and wasnt moved, lad got banned and just forgot about it)

Well, Thankyou for that..

the one i've got has been negleted too lately to be honest with you... :cry:

i havent had enough time to care for it and theres a few things to be finished

But after inters this year i should be onto a winner, with parts on there way and my new garage, itll be a wee winner when im done with it, then plough into the mki once and for all.

well. its bee a slow moving time for my corrado of late. keep thinkin of selling the damn thing.... reckon i need to drive it more :lol:

my faith will be rebuilt....i hope :o

Oz's have been off for a long time, reckon i;ve found one abroad, but im gonna keep hoping for the mean time :lol:

it was off the road for a long time when my zorst blew and had to wait absolute months for a replacement from italy :mad: . bar stewards, changed my back box at the same time :D

std bbs rims were on, then were replaced by some 15" schmidt modernlines :D

then some pikey smashed my windscreen... :cry:

ah well, been off the road for a couple of weeks till i get a chance to replace the windscreen. a works van and doing up and driving another cool dub doesnt help with motivaiton :lol:

but heres how it looked a couple of weeks ago :)

(should of washed it, but ah well, didnt have the chance :lol:)

cheers :)

they're Schmidt Modern lines. and they'll be attatched to my girlfriends polo at Edition 38 this weekend :D then back on mine when i get my windscreen fixed and she fits her new RH cups:D:D:D

heres some more deep dish corrado action :)

Hey you took those photos in the 'Bird Shit' Car Park! That was remarkably brave of you :)

Car is looking good - really like those alloy on it.

yes indeed. i was scared sh**less i can tell.

barstewards kept flying over head. kept gettin missed by it all but a few close calls....

pics came out well i like to think tho :D

:| what did you do to your lovely corrado!!!! much prefered the OZ wheel i have to say

the body work still looks all nice and straight though so its not all bad :lol:

Hurry up and get that windscreen replaced slack ass, probably the best sounding road car that I've ever heard in the flesh. 8)

Cheers dood!!!!

thats a nice thing to hear from a VR owner :lol:

i've almost forgoton what the damn thing sounds like :lol:

but with bits allegedly on there way in a couple of years :lol, it should sound different again......

if only i replace that damn windscreen :lol: