pasty

My first raddo - G60 powahhhhhh

Well here I am, after looking for a while and wanting one I managed to get interested in a valver, but the price to me seamed high, so I jumped onto ebay to have a look rund when I stumbled across this car.

A G60, its ideal because it means no engine conversions!!! Plus I've always wanted a G!!! So I'm yet to collect it as it's in London and need to make the drive from Cornwall (600 mile round trip)

So for now here are some pics from the for sale add - happy days.

5AC96820-0839-4AEA-89A0-409C41B90B9D-1650-0000005D8F2AEE70.jpg

573ECEF9-38EC-47F1-8B69-50A80790018B-1650-0000005D90A7175D.jpg

FEFC2AFF-399C-4B1D-9EB3-87BB210BFF89-1650-0000005D92291184.jpg

ECB0C2AA-F828-4E01-BC25-76C2E8B76D44-10024-00000293E9321806.jpg

Comments about the car welcome or any info on it would be great :)

Lol, great minds think alike Owen. Get rid of that cone filter, and put a normal air box and normal paper filter back on - your charger will live longer. Other than that have fun. If you haven't got any history on when the charger was last overhauled get it looked at ASAP.

Thanks guys, I've got a few plans for her, firstly as alot have suggested a pannel filter and box. lso the advert said that its had a new supercharger and also come with a spare one.

Main thing I'm goin to do is lower and BBS RM's. I want to see some good power from her IE 200+ bhp what's the best route to go?

Also a cream leather interior is another thing ill be scouting for :)

Ash

If you want to be hitting about 200bhp at the crank.

Stage 4 charger(if not already done)

68mm pulley.

Ford red top injectors.

Remap to suit mods. SNS do very good chips at a reasonable price.

To gain that little bit extra, go for a front mount inter cooler.

You should see 200-210bhp from this.

You will be looking at somewhere in the region of £1300 for everything(depending on the inter cooler and charger work)

If you decide against the front mount and the charger work isn't required, expect to pay about £300 for a chip pulley and red tops.

So what's a safe bhp to takers g60 engine too?! Obviously I'd like to push more but as this is my first supercharged engine I'm kinda ghat. . . .

So what's a good bhp mark!?

Look at JMC's build thread.

He is at just shy of 260bhp.

That's with 1.9 bottom end, head work and a cam on top of the above work.

I have heard of near 300 from g60s before now.

230 should be easily achievable without any bottom end work

This is good to hear :)

Just been looking for some stage 4 chargers noticed jabba sport offer a rebuild kit, I believe this I what I wanna be doing and getting a smaller pullies hanks for your info buddy :)

Would be worth thinking about a 4 branch manifold and exhaust system.

I also went for:

flowed head with the inlet and exhaust ports matched to the manifolds

flowed and knife edged throttle body

Camshaft (285 IIRC)

65mm pulley to compensate for the flowed head and cam

I posted a pic of of the tail pipe option I wanted.

Think the first thing ill be doing is lowered & bbs rm's can't wait to feal some super charged power :)

Let me know when you're coming over this way Pasty. I'm in Egham (near J13 of the M25), and if you're this way when I'm around you're more then welcome to stop over, take a look round mine, and give you some ideas...

Ideal bud I got to go to Stratford to collect the car, is that near you !! Geography isn't my strong point!!!!

Thanks alot tho buddy... I'd like to take ya up on that offer if your close :-)

Make sure all boost connections are totally tight, and that the pot on the big pressure hose towards the inlet, is cleaned (I use brake cleaner spray). Thin rubberhose to injectionbox must be tight and exactly 1000mm. Look at other hoses similar in size and put new on. So you get a good start before tuning.

Seems to me that late 91 and onwards G60's have late spec cylinderhead, inlet- and exhaustmanifold, Standard all should show some 178-180 hp's.

Get a sportscat into the system so you can get rid of all the pressure. Should show you more free hp's.

Surely keep a standard airbox and standard paperfilter, not k&n (I threw out mine).

Congrats on your new Corrado.

Getting rarer by the day.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Ideal bud I got to go to Stratford to collect the car, is that near you !! Geography isn't my strong point!!!!

Thanks alot tho buddy... I'd like to take ya up on that offer if your close :-)

Stratfords not to close to me (east london and I'm west london), but coming from Cornwall, you'll either be on the M3 or M4 - both of those pass the M25 not too far from where I am.

Well I got the wheels sorted as my suspensionof my mk3 will go straight over so got hear are a billy bargin. . .

83E5A61F-503A-4C03-9E82-ADE3B6D10373-2585-000000A6B4F72DCA.jpg

4704A0E6-FEBC-4031-9F45-889BC24FA908-2585-000000A6B6138EC8.jpg

Also bought a 68mm pullie for the charger woop ;-)

---------- Post added at 5:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:54 PM ----------

Forgot to add specs of my oz turbos, they are 4x100, 7's and 8's et15

Looking forward to Gettin em referrbed and on the car!!! Decidig what color to pair them now. . .

I had a set before and wish I never sold em but they were in standard spec these are in 7's n 8's so can't wait to get em and put em on....

Next thing is color choices hhhmmmmmm

good to see another G heading down to the westcountry !! let me know if you need anything , I may have a set of FK highsport coilovers for sale, a set of redtops, a scorpion full stainless steel exhaust system, set of Acralite forged pistons and blueprinted rods and crank for a 1.9 conversion and a carbon fibre scuttle cover, am based in Exeter

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I'm in Truro mate. Should have a Cornwall/Devon meet soon

how about devon dubbers for regular meets and also sw dubs which has a mega meet this sunday

Edited by G60 CS

Ohhhhh I'm interested in a few of them bits there chap!!! The scuttle cover and coilovers for Deffo ;-)

I won't be able to get to the mega meet as I'm playin rugby!!

Ps could ya get me a shot of the tail pipe on te exhaust?! Pm me a price for te above fella :-)