clumpy1

Clumpy1's R32 (For sale on Ebay)

Evening Charlie excuse my lack of response last night it had been a long day and the last thing I needed was this situation. Now let's try and get to the bottom of this what exactly is not fitting and why?

Your hubs and discs and the whole set up, are not for my car, they are for a G60/mk2 golf.

Your car from what information i can gather, is a mk1 early spec corrado sharing the mk2 golf hub mine is the late spec VR6 hub/mk3 golf. You car appears to be a mk2 golf/ g60 hub that has been re-drilled/ modified in some way so is shares the same 5x100 PCD as the later spec model. Hence why when you messaged me stating you have the perfect set up for my car and everything needed to fit it, you obviously saw mine was a Vr6, saw yours was a VR6 and shared the same 5x100 PCD so assumed as anyone would they share the same hub and would go straight on, as you insisted. I dont for one second think you didn't believe this.

The discs offset and brackets supplied are miles out meaning the discs foul on the anti-roll bar and other things, ive had my mechanic (OBD-Works) a very experienced and overly qualified person establish this following a wasted day stripping all the old breaks of then trying to fit these. I have also since rang Badger 5, a company that makes Brembo adapting kits for mk2 golfs, old Volkswagen's and more. They have also verified this information, they continued to explain what i stated above, about the discs being completely the wrong offset and literally WILL NOT under any circumstanced fit my car. This in turn means the brackets are also completely useless to me. The set up and off set they accommodate is not one compatible with my car.

In order to make these fit, i would need all new discs, Badger 5 supply the ones needed (LINK) £598, Then i would need someone with a bespoke bracket which badger 5 no longer produce, so i would need a custom machinist to make me up a set of brackets this would cost god knows how much. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, i would have to change every single one of my wheels, as this set up can only be ran with 17" wheels. Then 4 new tyres to match, this is just not an option to me not in the slightest.

Tbh, the more i type and explain this the more aggravating its becoming. I've paid £150 on labour for the time wasted figuring all this out by my mechanic. I had to buy £50 of parts to over come the damage you had clearly done when removing them. which you didn't even tell me about. Not to mention the amount of time James (OBD-works) and i have wasted figuring out what parts i need to adapt the wrong fitting that came of the calipers brake line. And now, im pretty sure im going to have to be the one paying for the postage back to you, £40 odd maybe £50 as ill want it recorded delivery. So thats literally £250, just thrown in the bin. Yet im still being polite, still being patient, and all im asking from you, is a refund for the £450 i spent on brakes that are completely no use to me.

Isn't that just a piece of copper pipe with a brake fitting at each end that is twisted?

If so then there is £3 of parts there and 5 mins with a brake pipe flaring tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly Ron. That is an adapt or piece that is required to be made to allow the calipers to be attached to brake lines. There is nothing wrong with the calipers they are in really good shape considering the age of them Charlie even messaged me saying this when he received them. That piece was only left there as a guide for whoever was fitting them and to prevent any brake fluid leaking out. Charlie my car is all VR6 running gear from what I can gather the Calipers are a straight bolt on I can guarantee you that and that's any Corrado. It may be the case you need new discs to suit but the prices you are being quoted are ridiculous to say the least. I'm at work at the moment so will have to deal with this later.

Isn't that just a piece of copper pipe with a brake fitting at each end that is twisted?

If so then there is £3 of parts there and 5 mins with a brake pipe flaring tool

Exactly Ron. That is an adapt or piece that is required to be made to allow the calipers to be attached to brake lines. There is nothing wrong with the calipers they are in really good shape considering the age of them Charlie even messaged me saying this when he received them. That piece was only left there as a guide for whoever was fitting them and to prevent any brake fluid leaking out. Charlie my car is all VR6 running gear from what I can gather the Calipers are a straight bolt on I can guarantee you that and that's any Corrado. It may be the case you need new discs to suit but the prices you are being quoted are ridiculous to say the least. I'm at work at the moment so will have to deal with this later.

James, I can guarantee you, on my life. This set up will not fit my car. It is not just a case of buying different discs. Not by any means. I dont know why you think im trying to pull a fast one here. Im sure paypal will review this and see my case as more than reasonable, should it have to come to that. You car is NOT a vr6 and does not use VR6 hubs, even now you clearly still dont understand this. and Hoff, maybe from where you are sat this looks like the case, but the attachment on thew caliper "left as a reference" was the wrong fitting entirely, so i had to source a brake line that would go into the caliper and leave me an attachment with the correct fitting and spacing etc to go to the corrados existing brake lines, not a £3 bit of copper piper mate. Regardless of all of the above, this was sold to me as everything i need to bolt straight on. which it sure as hell isnt. what is there to dispute. You sold me this under false pretenses and now your disputing that. Shameful.

Ok mate, I can see that the hub issue is a real issue but I will say that the adapter pipe that is twisted is very easy and cheap to make. It sound like rather than knowing how to make these parts, you are trying to buy them as kits and so people are having your pants down.

Now obviously James has some explaining to do..... but don't make that adapter pipe out to be more than it is.

Ok mate, I can see that the hub issue is a real issue but I will say that the adapter pipe that is twisted is very easy and cheap to make. It sound like rather than knowing how to make these parts, you are trying to buy them as kits and so people are having your pants down.

Now obviously James has some explaining to do..... but don't make that adapter pipe out to be more than it is.

I clearly dont have the knowledge tools or capability you do, my only source of a solution being google search and the only thing i found to resolve it was a hard wired pipe "Porsche to Mk3 Golf" kit that goes into a brembo caliper and leaves you with a fitting in the correct location for the corrado. This costing £50 for the 2 lines. Dont see how you can portray that as me trying to make something more than it is. I pay my guy whos one of the best in my opinion what ever he wants and most garages working on 45/50 an hour i see £150 more than a reasonable price. as for the postage, they weigh enough to easily justify £40/50 on a recorded. So i am struggling to see how im being anything other that reasonable? And having nothing but a lovely reception on here since i started dont see where all of a sudden im being made to look a c unt for trying to get a refund from someone who clearly sold me something with false information as he had no idea what he had. And now im being told im trying to make it out like more than it is.

I like I said before deal with this later however Charlie you are totally out of order if you think I was trying to sell you something under false pretences. Thing is guys I wasn't even going to sell these to Charlie as he bumped me on the PayPal fees I admit it wasn't mentioned but then everyone knows if your the buyer you cover the fees if you want protection in the end I relented and sent them to him covering the courier costs too as he was "shame I was looking forward to fitting then" etc Hindsight ehh!

I like I said before deal with this later however Charlie you are totally out of order if you think I was trying to sell you something under false pretences. Thing is guys I wasn't even going to sell these to Charlie as he bumped me on the PayPal fees I admit it wasn't mentioned but then everyone knows if your the buyer you cover the fees if you want protection in the end I relented and sent them to him covering the courier costs too as he was "shame I was looking forward to fitting then" etc Hindsight ehh!

I have maintained throughout this entire ordeal that i KNOW you didn't sell me these with any intentional misleading. I know you didn't and honestly believe you genuinely thought it was all exactly as it needs to be to fit my car. I did not "Bump" you on fees, you wanted the money as a gift, i however didnt want to send it you as a gift as then i would be completely unprotected from a situation like this. The seller Fee's, the clues in the name, are for the seller to pay. I however met half way and sent you half your fees as a gift. "Hindsight ehh!" Your telling me mate! haha.

Im not getting back into a debate on fees. Can we just act like adults not people hiding behind keyboard and do the proper thing please. Refund my money ill send them back. Easy.

Regarding PayPal fees... As far as I'm concerned, the fees are for the seller to absorb. That's the cost of accepting / using PayPal. It's never been about the buyer 'covering' those charges - if that was the case, when (as a buyer) you made a payment, you would be told it was costing you extra for your buyer protection.

If, as a seller, you want the buyer to foot those fees then make the price a little higher from the start and offer to lower it a little if they're not paying through PayPal.

You have not answered my point on the Calipers bolting straight on. And during our negotiations you said you were going to buy new discs and would I sell you just the calipers I declined as they were being sold as a package. Basically what we need to establish is what's not going to fit your car. Discs don't calipers and almost new mintex pads do.

You have not answered my point on the Calipers bolting straight on. And during our negotiations you said you were going to buy new discs and would I sell you just the calipers I declined as they were being sold as a package. Basically what we need to establish is what's not going to fit your car. Discs don't calipers and almost new mintex pads do.

As i said previously!

"In order to make these fit, i would need all new discs, Badger 5 supply the ones needed (LINK) £598, these are LEON NOT IBIZA Cupra disc fitments for a completely different hub off set!!!!! This is not just a case of different discs!! Then i would need someone with a bespoke bracket for this set up, which badger 5 no longer produce, so i would need a custom machinist to make me up a set of brackets this would cost god knows how much as there is no jig to go by. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, i would have to change every single one of my wheels, as this set up can only be ran with 17" wheels. the discs needed are to bog for a 16" wheels Then 4 new tyres to match, this is just not an option to me not in the slightest. "

Whats so hard to understand about this? why cant you get your head around the fact its not just a case of new discs!!!!!!!!!

Those calipers could be made to fit a f ucking morris minor, the difficulty lies on getting the right bracketry and discs to match with the correct off set.

Ive answered your point with the calipers 10 times over James, Read all that ive put up to this point

The brackets, DONT FIT ON THE CORRADO VR6 HUBS, they are not the correct ofset!!! YOUR CORRADO HAS EARLY MODEL MK2 GOLF HUBS? Can you seriously not understand that?

And yes, i said this when i thought the calipers and brackets fitted my car, LIKE YOU SAID THEY WOULD..... WHICH THEY DONT! AS WE NOW KNOW!

I wanted to fit these, more than anything, if i could, i would? do you not think that?

why would i be going through all this hassle if all i had to do was buy some discs?

Use your common sense man.

No more bull sh it are you going to issue me a refund or not? Answer me straight so i know whether to open the dispute with paypal or not.

Been on the phone to pay pal for last 15 minutes, they have reviewed the case and im 100% covered, i HAVE NOT raised a dispute at this point and this is written confirmation of a last warning to process the refund. This final contact/ warning is as recommended by them. Should i raise the dispute with paypal they will instantly take £450 from you account, depending on your account balance this could stuff you up a bit. Im happy to give you a few days should you wish, to do this the easy way. Should you choose the hard way they will literally just take it out your account regardless.

Choice is yours.

Thanks.

I'll b in touch later mate at work just now . I'm trying to absorb the info when at work it's not easy which is why I posted up last night when I was free but you decided to reply the next day. Calm down if I have to refund you I have the money don't worry.

5c6bc2f1bc0e08d35d5954d47f28bc45.jpg

Ok, just trying to get to the bottom of this but this is the key bit of info here...

I remember when I test drove this car (the R32 being sold by Stoney at the time via G-werks), one of the (many) things that put me off it was that it was previously a G60 and not a VR6 (we know that an R32 coversion on a VR is far easier due to many factors)

So what you have (I think) is a standard VAG 305mm Brembo setup for 4 stud / Non wide track cars... should fit any Corrado apart from the VR6!

As your VR6 is widetrack (standard), you'd have to do lots of messing around and change the track / offset to get these to fit when there are off the shelf conversions available.

It might be worth speaking to Bill from Badger5 and explaining the above and he may have a simple solution but otherwise I think you should request a refund - Clumpy, if you can do this and get the stuff back it should sell again fairly easily i would think...

Paypal should also refund any fee's incurred if it's done via them so you'd just have to cover postage.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Supercharged

That's fine mate as I said I will sort it out later as I'm at my work. I have only just seen baron's reply to Charlie and now I understand what setup I have though it would have been nice to know before didn't you know quite a bit about this car? Anyway When I come to sell them again I will sell with the hubs/the whole setup so there is no fitment issues and if someone wants the suspension setup kw v1's it could be sold as a package .

EJ refunded ridiculous way to find out what parts are fitted to my car but like mentioned before it is a bit of a "frankenstein" be glad when all of it is gone.

EJ refunded ridiculous way to find out what parts are fitted to my car but like mentioned before it is a bit of a "frankenstein" be glad when all of it is gone.

Well done James, right thing to do, don't blame you for breaking the Feker.