Billyboy

speedo works now and again???

i could start her up drive down the road fine then speedo drops...... and then it might work then not?????..... so spoiler is up down up down lol any ideas guys????

Have you checked the connectors on the Vehicle Speed Sensor ? sometimes they can get a little corroded and cause the intermittent signal

is that the gear box end?... and how do i upload pics lol

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

is it not a cable???. or is it tricery???

The road speed signal is sent via a blue/white wire and there are several take-offs for this on the fusebox. One of them could perhaps be shorting to the body intermittently.

If you have an LCD odometer then it'll be an electrical speedo. Mine was playing and it was the speed sensor as nrc said. I just replaced the top cap, I got it off a scrap diesel Seat of some sort. You can find the sender behind the gear linkage on the top of the g/box. Try cleaning the plug and socket and have a butchers at the inside of the cap, mine was clearly knackered. Don't lose the little magnet that lives under the cap! Mines a 16v by the way.