Sign in to follow this  
leew

VW gauge panel

I've just received what the dealers claim to be the last gauge panel. :D The one that houses two gauges under the ashtray. The dealer checked around the UK and only came up with one in Bristol and now its mine :wink: .

The question i have to anyone who has one is how do you fit it??? And where is the best place to buy gauges from? Looking for a boost gauge and a A/F meter.

depends what guages you want.

There are parts to fit it from the dealer. diod you get the two caps that fit the front of it too.

gonna do mine at weekend. fitting AF and oil pressure(is already in).

I've got a boost gauge & Air/Fuel gauge.

The Air/Fuel gauge was from SNS Tuning. Have a word with Dubcharged on the forum.

The caps cover the the fixing screws.

:mrgreen: - why not sell it on ebay for a crazy amount of money and buy yourself a holiday to the carribean.

(Only slightly jealous that you've got the last one)

the caps fill the two mounting holes-keep um in prestine condition so they dont detract from the look.

I too am on a Summit AF that i bought from a guy i know who bought 2 lots of everything from the states before bilal was doing stuff.

he has a mk2 G60 running SNS 5, 30# n more. its a fast car. kinda deceptive in performance. his chip is a US version that apparently is set for their better fuel. thought our fuel was better but according to Sam it aint. n i belive him n trust his judgement or i wouldn't wanna run a SNS would I. belive their is more timing thrown in low down which in the N Manchester climate sound s ok to me.

ill try n get some piccies this weekend when i do the job

I thought US had 92 ron fuel???

Did your caps come with the gauge panel??? or did you order them seperatly???

Be good if you can get some piccies.

yes. bought mine new but not from VAG. When it was bought the guy who bought it got the caps too. i can get the part nuber from them if you like

The fuel rating in the US is calculated with a different method, they use the average between RON (Research Octane number) and MON (Motor Octane Number). Their 92 is equivalent to our 95RON

They have better than 92 over there, you can get 103 unleaded which would be 107RON here!!!!

Conclusion = Our petrol sucks :(

I have run out of A/F gauges for the moment, will have anbother batch in soon.

leew part number for the caps are 535-867-842a you'll need 2 of them and if you want the screws as well the number for them is N013-966-26 I ve just sold my VDO gauge panels on ebay for £30/50 and £31 not bad considering they only cost £7.50 a piece!! :D

:D :D Yeah i know £7.50!!! I tried to buy as many as i could but the only one was in Bristol.

Thanks for the part no.

I ve tried to buy some more as well lee as the main dealers are still showing 4 scattered across the country but none of them actually have them which is a bit of a mystery!! BUGGER

Hello Banana Man - just checking, I was the £31 bid for the panel - has it got the screw covers ???

Posted the PO yesterday AM

Chris

No need to gloat about what you paid for them - ah well, needed one and got one so no problem.

fitted mine at wekend. was dissapointyed to find it didn't fit the hole flush. my home made one fitted better.

still working/fighting with the O2. was working fine yesterday and this morning, cyclling away then at lunch today wouldn't cycle, held 1 bar on the AF and popped and farted n held back like it has never before

I know it is not the same part, but it's similar. I just called the stealer and they have the whole unit, gauges (oil and amps) and housing for £197-41. He wouldn't give me the part number but is anyone know what they are I could do with 'em :)

I know it is not the same part, but it's similar. I just called the stealer and they have the whole unit, gauges (oil and amps) and housing for £197-41. He wouldn't give me the part number but is anyone know what they are I could do with 'em :)

and here is what it looks like(well on a LHD)........also it might be worth trying GPC for this too as they had them up til last year for just over £100+vat

Mmmmm they look sweet, cheers Roddy!

I'm a bit new to this and am not sure what GPC is, do they have a web site?

Thanks again :p

Their website is http://www.gpcvwaudi.com

I'm just off the phone with them, unfortunately they have no gauges or gauge surrounds left and can no longer order them :cry:

However, they pointed me in the direction of http://www.europaspares.com who can supply VDO gauges at a reasonable price.

If you can get the gauges and don't mind a bit of DIY, it is possible to make a surround for them. Think someone else on the Forum was going to post instructions on how to do this.

Cheers for looking into that m8, bit gutting they don't have 'em anymore....

Thought about making some myself, so might save myself a few quid and give it a go.

Thanks again guys :D