ray_vr6

Eibach springs - raising the ride hight?

Hi

I have bilstein shocks and eibach springs on my 1990 16v. I really like the set up except the rear ride height is to low looking for my own tastes. I certainly don't want to go back to the original "tractor" look but wondered if anyone knew of a way of raising the height (spacers?) by 10mm or so

TAI

I know that certain mk4 golfs came with a spacer on the shock. Think it may have been for heavy duty applications I cant quite remember. I think it went between the spring cap and the bearing. Anyway if anybody has Etka they can confirm.

Dont know if it would fit the corrado or indeed if there is a specific version available for the corrado.

Apologies if my reply is vague but thats all I can remember about it.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Just reread your post and realised you want to raise the rear. The spacer I was on about is for the front. Maybe there is a similar item for the rear. Again somebody with Etka can confirm.

koni rear dampers with adjustable spring base plates is what I used on the valver with eibachs, in fact I had two extra grooves machined into them to raise it a bit more.

The Weitec kit looks interesting - just got to decide on a 20mm or 30mm lift. Don't suppose anyone has used these?