Johnny H

Waxing wheels

Hi Guys.

Thinking about waxing my wheels before putting them on.

Can anyone recommend any wax & the best way to do it please??

Thanks Johnny

normal wax should be fine, i just use autoglym wax on mine n they look pretty sweet, makes cleaning them easier to, as dirt n brake dust doesnt stick as well!

I have poorboys wheel sealant and think its poor. Fk1000p is good as it can take more heat than your average wax so lasts well.

My mate has jetseal on his kit car wheels which works really well too. but the best has to be gtechniq c5, simply awesome durability. Ok so its not a wax but if u want ultimate protection against dust then its the purchase for you.

I have poorboys wheel sealant and think its poor. Fk1000p is good as it can take more heat than your average wax so lasts well.

My mate has jetseal on his kit car wheels which works really well too. but the best has to be gtechniq c5, simply awesome durability. Ok so its not a wax but if u want ultimate protection against dust then its the purchase for you.

How many coats are you putting on? I found it work's better with at least a couple;)

Have some autoglym hd wax too and wondered if this was suitable for wheels. Will give it a try then if its recommended.

How many coats are you putting on? I found it work's better with at least a couple;)

yeah I usually go for 2 on a clean surface. its better than nothing but dont rate it..... I still use it on the daily when I bother to give it some love :lol:

the Gtechniq stuff is a little fussy as you need a bare surface to work with but trust me its ace!!

I use a couple of layers of Jetseal 109 first, then some hard wax. Lasts ages!

Indeed, CG Jetseal 109 is a fantastic sealant for wheels and exhaust. A couple of coats will last 5-6 months.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/wheelwax.php?manufacturers_id=22&osCsid=4991df7064b0146de58c7a3d203e8412

I use that, but i can't compare it to anything, and my wheels were newly refurbed when i first applied it so hard to tell. If i could find a suitable pot i could post you a small sample out of my pot.

Lots of people recommend the poorboys stuff. I would like to try that next time.

In think its the poorboys one I have (bright pink). Easy to use and wheels clean easily although they don't really get that dirty so hard to know.