VWVW

Head unit wiring. Does this look right ?

I dont have a problem with my CD head unit everything works fine but have a question on the wiring at present

Noticed that some of the red wires is connected to the yellow wires. Is this right ????

I thought the red wires should connect with the red wires and yellow wires with the yellow wires.

I dont have any clue when it comes with wiring just need some experts to confirm if something is not right from the picture I ve taken.

Edited by VWVW

Does the radio work of the ignition?

Alot of corrados dont have the wiring to have the radio connected to the ignition so are permanently live hence the reds and yellows connected together.

I added a wire to the ignition barrel to allow mine to be switch on the first position of the key

I dont have a problem with my CD head unit everything works fine but have a question on the wiring at present

Noticed that some of the red wires is connected to the yellow wires. Is this right ????

I thought the red wires should connect with the red wires and yellow wires with the yellow wires.

I dont have any clue when it comes with wiring just need some exerts to confirm if something is not right from the picture I ve taken.

Can't see a picture? But yep, in the Corrado the red/yellow actually run the opposite way around iirc.

Pictures are now attached...Had trouble earlier kept getting the female ass error image :) Anyway think it does work on the ignition as I can hear the CD changer making a sound when ignition is in position 1. So is everthing from the pic ok ???

Ps I am gonna sort out the blue cable ends looks like some bodged connections.

Edited by VWVW

Yep, looks spot on apart from, have you got the Blue/White from the car wired to the stereo? That's the spoiler speed control wire and shouldn't be connected (Can cause issues with the spoiler working)

Edit: Don't mistake it for Blue/Grey, that's fine to use as it's dash illumination.

Thanks for the red and yellow connection confirmation that everything is fine. When I first saw it I thought what the F##K

Spolier and dash lights works as they should so I guess everthing is fine in that front.

Yep, Vw were a little confused about the ISO wiring/standard it seems! Good stuff anyway.

I couldn't quite make out the Blue/White wiring, I'm sure I'm seeing three of em lol. If all's working though then happy days.:cool:

Alot of cars have the red and yellow swapped, the ISO standard only says for it to be a 12v not if it has to be permanent or switched.

I used to work for ford audio and we were always getting the JVC radios fitted in the pick ups returned cos they didn't keep their memory.

chaps...since then I have got some 15 pin autoleads so that I can plug it into an old skool sony casette player(kindly donated by corrado GB member). Is it essential to have red on yellow connection like before with the CD setup ?

This is how it looks at the moment ready for the Casette head unit see picture attached of new wiring setup.

Edited by VWVW

The only reason to swap them over is if the radio stations dont stay in memory when you take the keys out the ignition. If thats not the case and it stores them fine and turns off as it should, it should be fine mate

Thanks for the reply will plug the cassette head unit in tomorrow and see how it performes :)

With that setup, you may lose presets etc once the ignition is off/key removed. Best to just test it, and if you do lose presets then the red and yellow will want swapping around.:thumbleft: More than likely needs doing anyway.