g60 jack

g60 :) small update

Lol I've always prefered the earlier bonnet kev

It wasnt me who was thinking about the nothelles dan, and I like you referance to belly buttons to describe tha bonets ha ha ha what colours your g60 mate? I started off with a 16v 6 years ago :)

Edited by g60 jack

Heres my baby and im one step ahead of you with my iny though!

ill give you a tenner for that horrible grille of yours

isaacslastdayandcorradohlights006.jpg

So today I have been fitting all the little bits and bobs have have arrived through out the week

Hand break cover,

fog light switch (which got the front fogs working again)

Chrome front badge

Clear side repeaters

And gave the dirty old girl a good clean

One question I will ask anybody reading this is.... last night I was outside having a smoke, and it was making funny noises like there was a hamster in the back quarter ha ha, the handbrak light was on (I noticed through the drivers side window)

So I got the keys and started it up...... everything seemed ok, got in it this morning and the passengers side window was wide open!!! Tryed toclose it, wont work. Drivers side window wont work either!

Kept pressing them and finallly the passenger side shut. But now neither will go up or down, when I press the buttons there is a single click sound coming from the back of the car.... motor I should imagine...., but im baffled as to whats going on

So any help would be much appriciated.

Any way, heres a few pics crom today

So today I have been fitting all the little bits and bobs have have arrived through out the week

Hand break cover,

fog light switch (which got the front fogs working again)

Chrome front badge

Clear side repeaters

Tow eye cover

And gave the dirty old girl a good clean

One question I will ask anybody reading this is.... last night I was outside having a smoke, and it was making funny noises like there was a hamster in the back quarter ha ha, the handbrak light was on (I noticed through the drivers side window)

So I got the keys and started it up...... everything seemed ok, got in it this morning and the passengers side window was wide open!!! Tryed toclose it, wont work. Drivers side window wont work either!

Kept pressing them and finallly the passenger side shut. But now neither will go up or down, when I press the buttons there is a single click sound coming from the back of the car.... motor I should imagine...., but im baffled as to whats going on

So any help would be much appriciated.

Any way, heres a few pics crom today

looking nice Jack cant help with the windows unfortunately fella good luck with that and as for mine a mots what im after still got away to go though!

Dan

was it the driverside rear quareter? thats where the control unit for the wnidows is. I am guess thats where it was coming from. i am guessing faulty window switch but i cant see that as they are individule switches and both windows were down, yes? fuse box bad conection or faulty fuse box but the G60 fuse box isnt a poo one. or a faulty window conrtol unit or conection behind the driverside side rear quarter interior panel.

seems funny that that the h/brake light was on though? which makes me think fuse box. thats where it would get a live pick up from for the windows and h/brake light with the ignition off . hope this helps? bit of a strange one bud?

Kev.

Lovely looking car mate, coming along nicely :) always fancied a g60 myself but the insurance put me off.... So I've stuck with a trusty 16v for now lol. Hopefully I'll see you knocking around when mines back on the road as I'm only over in Cannock.

Yeah back drivers quarter kev.... its bugging me.... where would you start with it mate?

Cheers knight. What colours your valver? I had a nugget yellow one, couldnt fault it :)

And i was pleasantly suprised when i insured the g :)

i would start at the fuse box bud, make sure all the connctions are secure and no signs of water. did it start doing it after washing your car?

if that looks good i would change the control unit under the drivers side rear quarter interior panel or check the connections to it. i would go for the fuse box as your h/brake light is on mate.

Did you check out my kr turbo build bud on the gallery?

cheers kev.

Nah it didnt do it when i washed it, i went outside for a fag on friday night and heard these weird sounds.... and noticed handbreak light was on...... started it up everything is fine (didnt check the windows though)

Next day passenger window open.... managed to somehow get them shut then washed it, now they dont work at all.

Im fishing at ybe mo so on me phone lol will have a propa look at your thread when im home, sounds good from what youve told me.

Is the pic on your profile page the turbo? Blue?

Cheers knight. What colours your valver? I had a nugget yellow one, couldnt fault it :)

And i was pleasantly suprised when i insured the g :)

It's a dark burgundy pearl, early spec one too. The early front ends have defiantly grown on me since owning one.

Note to self. Must stop this weird obsession with early/late G60's.:bonk:

Im the same, i've seen far too many H & J plate ones which are a complete mismatch of early interiors and late exterior.

I favour the early look myself with the more detailed grill and set back fogs/indicators.

OP - Nice car

Its been a while as the g has been sorn and i hsve been lazy to get it back on the road, but Little update....good and bad ha ha.

New wheels.... pics to follow and the bad is both windows have stopped working a while ago.

All fusses are fine. The module behind the door card in the back clicks when i press the window button.... too the module apart and no solder has cracked or sign of burns? bit confussed.

Pics of wheels to follow

---------- Post added at 2:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:11 PM ----------

Its been a while as the g has been sorn and i hsve been lazy to get it back on the road, but Little update....good and bad ha ha.

New wheels.... pics to follow and the bad is both windows have stopped working a while ago.

All fusses are fine. The module behind the door card in the back clicks when i press the window button.... too the module apart and no solder has cracked or sign of burns? bit confussed.

Pics of wheels to follow

---------- Post added at 2:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:12 PM ----------

Pics of wheels to follow