Smiithy

2.0 16v bike carb build. Slow but steady progress.

Brought a 2.0 16v rado last night, Great car, cant wait to fetch it wednesday.

Thanks for the advice when buying one from you guys on here ive found a minter.

Ill let the pictures do the talking.

newrado1_zps1bf19e8a.jpg

Newrado2_zps6521e5fe.jpg

Edited by Smiithy

Im just totally in love with the spoiler! hahaha

I was like that when I got mine. Forever looking in the rear view mirror when i hit 55 to watch it pop up and again when pulling up in traffic and at lights to watch it go down. Just be careful you dont run into the back of anyone :)

HAHA at the above "run into the back of someone".

As for mods, i plan to get some nice coilovers on it and some 16" deep dish wheels but then leave it alone really, maybe some of the leather seats with the bulge in the back.

Anybody have any info on the TT headlight and wiper mod's as i hear the rado has poor headlights and wipers!

As for mods, i plan to get some nice coilovers on it

Anybody have any info on the TT headlight and wiper mod's as i hear the rado has poor headlights and wipers!

Coilovers definately required!

Lights are cr@p as are the wipers.

Lights are sorted with an uprated wiring loom, available from somebody off here and wipers are usually replaced with Lupo ones but I have found that a few extra washers on the spindles pulling the standard wipers closer to the windows is a pretty good fix. If you need any info finding out about these mods use the search function at the top of the page mate .

Smiithy, I'm going to give you some GOOD FREE advice. Not very often these days that you can get GOOD advice for FREE, but here is some.........

Before you start changing this and that, drive and live with the car first. Then you will be able to see what is good and bad with the car. Why automatically assume you need to put coilovers on it? What's wrong with the way it is handling at the moment? Is it going to handle any better if you put some coilovers on it? And if you think it is, then why do you think that?

The headlights are only "crap" if the wiring is deteriorated due to age and is not carrying enough voltage. Try them first before you start cutting the loom. If you think the headlights are not bright enough then try some uprated bulbs first and see if that improves things. Do you know how many people with "uprated" headlight looms have problems with the lights failing and going out completely when they are driving on some dark country lane? I have a 16v with an "uprated" headlight loom. Complete nightmare which I've had to fix and revert back to how it was when it came out of the VW factory. Even if you uprate the headlights on a Corrado, they are never going to be as good as the headlights on other cars which are just better by design.

If you are desperate to waste money then why not just send it to me and I'll waste it for you? There's a new "Gentlemens" Club opening near to me and I quiet fancy spending all night in there so if you have any cash you are eager to waste then please just send it to me.

Theres always one,

I want coil overs for looks not handling. But yeah thanks for your input but i think ill do what I want to do to MY car.

Any links to the guy that dose the uprated headlight loom? Thanks

Welcome!!

KUR2Y on here makes them & i can vouch for how much of an improvement they make & excellent quality!! :D

Not everybody agrees with Corrado's getting modded but it is your car mate and you can do what you want with it.

Hard to tell but from the pics it looks like it has got a de-badged grille, tinted taillights and side repeaters along with aftermarket alloys anyway already so it is not in its completely standard form. I don't think coilovers are going to improve the handling massively, they will certainly change the handling making it much firmer so prepare to rattle your bones and avoid potholes at all costs but what they will do is get rid of the beach buggy appearance which in my view is the only major problem with the Corrado as it came out of the factory. Can't vouch for the headlight loom as I haven't done it personally but if you read the thread you will get a feel for the difference it makes. I don't see its necessary for the area I live in as most of my driving at night is on well lit roads but if I lived in an area with poorly lit, windy country roads and spent my nights driving on these I would probably want to see where I was going!

Yeah i live in the sticks tbh mate, will try some philips power x-treme bulbs first.

As for lowered cars i know the feelings i had a slammed bora before.

20130106_130020_zps026929d0.jpg

Yeah i live in the sticks tbh mate, will try some philips power x-treme bulbs first.

IIRC the problem with rado headlights is due to the way the factory headlight loom works......in that the voltage has to travel from battery to switch in the dash & then back out to the headlights - which results in a drop of voltage & dimmed headlights

I too live in an area where 5 mins drive in any direction & i am on country lanes & i can honestly say i couldnt believe how much of an improvement the KUR2Y loom & new (but not massively expensive) bulbs produced on normal beam nevermind high beam!!! :D

Indeed care has to be taken when fitting the loom to prevent any rubbing of the cable on body work etc (thus reducing the risk of any shorting & possible fires) & it is well worth some time taken with insulation tape around the connectors once fitted but the difference is massively visible! (forgive the pun i couldnt resist lol)

Cheers dude,

And yeah jonny i would have but they where 18's so far to big to stick under a rado, but want a similar style.

I'm under the impression that 2.0 9a is 4 x 100? and they where 5 x 100 so wouldn't have fit (i don't like adapters)

Ah 18's are too big!! Shame though. 17's max but some would argue 16's give a better ride. Others would stay stick some standard 15's back on.

Yeah mine is 4 x 100

Im thinking staggered 16's tbh, perhaps borbet A or schmit modern lines :)

Ooooooo staggered schmidt modern lines!!! :D :D :D

Mmmmmm i want them sooooo bad but they are expensive & money is being saved for engine work/subtle upgrades

Knew id spell schmidt wrong! lmao, but yeah lovely wheels, see what comes up when i have money, first things are to give the car a really good service and once over, needs brakes, alternator (preventative maintenance) and definitely needs a battery.