Monty_

New guy from Surrey

Howdy folks!

So after years of wanting one and ogling every single one I see I've finally decided to get myself a Corrado. Will be on the lookout for a VR6 in the coming weeks as soon as I shift my current car.

Have been part of the VW world for the best part of 5 years but only ever owned Golf's and Polo's (first car was a '86 Polo Coupe S). I left that all behind for a little while to pursue other interests, namely a Focus RS, which was a complete monster of a car and quickly killed my bank balance. When I sold that I decided to try something different so ended up with a Mercedes CLK280 which is what I'm currently driving.

The VW's were always lurking though as I've still got my old Mk2 Golf GTI which is living on my driveway. When I bought it it was a G60 but that soon ate itself and after a long time of it sitting around it finally became a 20vt. I imagine I will go back to driving that for a while until I can sell it and the Merc and then get myself in the Corrado club!

Having never driven or worked on one before I'm sure I'll be on here picking peoples brains very soon. If anyone knows of a nice one for sale ATM feel free to drop me a message. Also if anyone wants to see some pics of the Golf let me know and I'll post some up!

Thanks for reading!

Welcome. Pics of the mk2 please :)

Whereabouts in Surrey? I'm between Kingston/Esher.

I'm from Epsom/Ewell so not far from you guys in Walton and Kingston.

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure....

IMG_5386.jpg

GreyMk2.jpg

MF4M2116.jpg

And also found this of my old Polo haha!

mk2.jpg

Welcome. Good to hear you're a local guy going for a VR6 Rado, always enjoy seeing another one on the road, especially if it looks original and standard well maintained. Speaking of which, lovely looking Mk2 GTi. I am in Surrey, near Banstead

Ah yes pearl grey (I used to have an atlas grey mk2 16v and it looked similar).

Hmmm I hadn't realised there were so many Surrey owners. Maybe we should have a Surrey meet soon.

Ah yes pearl grey (I used to have an atlas grey mk2 16v and it looked similar).

Hmmm I hadn't realised there were so many Surrey owners. Maybe we should have a Surrey meet soon.

Not until i've won the lottery and tarted up my VR6!! :)

welcome to the forum and good luck in your search for a VR, Monty. Nice mk2 as well. Was that ever a Polo colour? Looks very similar to my first car...

If there is a Surrey meet at some point, then I'd come along too. Not too soon though please as both my cars broke down on the same day last week :epicfail:

My brother and I started a meet called Surrey Dubs a year or so back but sadly that died out

Oooh, that would interest me!

Yea we held a couple of meets at the Tesco in Byfleet that was quite a success but then the weather turned a bit crappy and me and my brother both ended up getting rid of our VW's so it sort of ended there. I wouldn't mind starting it back up though, it's always nice to have a local meet!

Scarlet, not sure if they ever did that colour for polo's. Hopefully sorting some bits out on the Golf this weekend and then MOT next week so I can start using it again.

I'd happily travel to Byfleet for a meet. It would be a good excuse to take the VR for a bit of a run :)

Hope you get your Golf back on the road soon - certainly looks like a good one!

I'd happily travel to Byfleet for a meet. It would be a good excuse to take the VR for a bit of a run :)

Hope you get your Golf back on the road soon - certainly looks like a good one!

Does badvag still happen? I still haven't made it to one and don't see much about it these days.

Yep it does, although it's become less of a car meet (not least because there are now usually more MX5s there than dubs! I'm not guilty btw...) and more of a chance for the regulars to natter in the pub over a Sunday lunch! It's still very friendly and the attendance does vary but it would be great if some new people turned up, so please come along! I've barely been on the forum in the last year (there were a fair few months where I didn't check it at all) but I'll try to remember to set up a thread for the next one. It's due to be on Sun 24th Feb and I think it starts at 3pm

Welcome to the CF from another Surrey local

I was a member of Surrey dubs but never attended any meets. It would be good if there was another one set up though. Whatever happened to No Rice?!

I believe there was a venue issue with no rice. They tried to find a new one but no one wanted to provide anything and that was the end of that.

I remember the days of No Rice, that was always a good laugh.

I'll definitely look in to trying to get Surrey Dubs back up and running as soon as I sort the car situation out!

Now the weather is picking up I think a meet is definitely in order. Even if I do just turn up in the Golf haha

I'll do my best, got a few days off work coming up so aiming to get the Golf back on the road next week. As soon as that's done I'll post something on here about a potential meet