Michael'durham'

Best Headlamp and Fog protection?

Afternoon gents

What's the best headlight protection and foglight. Are there any plastic retro fit covers. Or do these thin films in various colours work?....

I promise that this will be my last post about lights.... :s

Thanks

You can get clear hard plastic protectors. They do pop up for sale occasionally but they are quite rare. I'm not sure how well the film, such as Lamin-X, works but Riley on here sells it.

Yes it's the Lamin-X that I've seen, it will be interesting to know if anyone else has experience with it

---------- Post added at 4:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:15 PM ----------

Just found this link.

http://www.gbdriver.co.uk/headlight-covers/headlight-covers-headlamp-glass-protectors?products_id=17:393d73546dc65c0a2111c30f15758553

Plastic covers look frickin ugly, like bonnet bra's.

Get laminx, you get a nice glossy finish so your lights looks less aged too.

I've never seen the plastic protective covers on a Corrado before!? Any Photo's?

vesy7e8e.jpg

Clear ones.

hy5e7u4e.jpg

Tinted ones.

I believe there was also a yellow set available... Not been able to source them however.

I'm sending a set of plastic covers off for moulding soon.

Going to start a group buy to gauge interest first.

Good idea mate i would be interested if sensibly priced.

I'm hoping if interest is good enough a price between £25 and £35

Sound's good keep me in mind cheer's.

I'm hoping if interest is good enough a price between £25 and £35

Count me in please, top of the list. Might have a couple of sets. Did you say your getting them specially made?

I might get the fogs done yellow with Lamin-x and the indicator bits clear... Does a done know if the Lamin-x is easy removed? It it just a sticker?

Hi Michael,

Our light protection films were developed for Leman racing/classification (Yellow) and protection, so they are race proven over many years. They are adhesive backed for easy fitment and removal should you require.

Our product is very, very different to a sticker or graphics vinyl. You can actually request any samples at: http://www.Lamin-X.co.uk/samples.htm which will allow you to get a look/feel of the product. There are basic fitting instructions/guides etc on the downloads page too.

As an example, to protect both Corrado headlight faces, the product cost would be just £15.99. I don't want to step on Owen's toes so obviously I'd like anyone to make their own decision on product choice, and he's a good lad, I'm just adding a little info regards our product. In fact we have had many members of the general public fit our light protection onto plastic/perspex/plexi covers.

I hope that helps. :thumbleft:

Hi Michael,

Our light protection films were developed for Leman racing/classification (Yellow) and protection, so they are race proven over many years. They are adhesive backed for easy fitment and removal should you require.

Our product is very, very different to a sticker or graphics vinyl. You can actually request any samples at: http://www.Lamin-X.co.uk/samples.htm which will allow you to get a look/feel of the product. There are basic fitting instructions/guides etc on the downloads page too.

As an example, to protect both Corrado headlight faces, the product cost would be just £15.99. I don't want to step on Owen's toes so obviously I'd like anyone to make their own decision on product choice, and he's a good lad, I'm just adding a little info regards our product. In fact we have had many members of the general public fit our light protection onto plastic/perspex/plexi covers.

I hope that helps. :thumbleft:

Sounds fantastic, thank you for taking the time to explain and include a link.

I'd like to sort out the fog and indicators out with protection.