Redfox

new leather on, how to?

Hi everyone,

I am about to put on a set of new leather on the base of my drivers seat. Since it's original Karmann Recaro parts, I would like to know how I can avoid all the wrinkles in the seating surface as per picture?

Any ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72177[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Redfox.

Thanks, but I would like to know more on how I can avoid leather that does not sit tight enough when installing.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Ah got you, sorry! Not an awful lot you can do tbh, don't know if there are clips to pull the base itself taught, just the ones below the bolsters I'd assume. Being new leather, it'll need to rest to mold itself to the shape anyway, so this'll eliminate some of them. A bit of wear will flatten it down too. Can't really suggest anything other than that tbh mate.

Have a chat with a trimmer, I know that when my door cards were re trimmed they were done differently to how they do them at the factory to avoid the typical sagging. It's to do with the stitching and the foam and the order it's carried out. Obviously, the section on your seat will be different as there's no foam there but possibly try thinning the leather down and pulling it tighter? I will ask my guy when I see him next if he has any tips.

Iv done a set if these, there are little metal c clips, if you take them off carefully you can put them back on in the same place easily, as long as you put them all back how they come off you can't go wrong, take it slow and look all round properly for where l the clips are, and it needs a pop rivet putting back in.