Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

changing vr6 abs unit

So, does the extra urge make you think.....hmmm, yeah that's a bit better, or does it make you think.....feck me that's awesome! ??

Can you feel the change-over at 4000 rpm?

when are you fitting yours kev??? in time for inters? i will be there sunday with camera for any who want new pics but dont have a digital of their own!

Within the next couple of weeks hopefully, after I've got my s/hand big bore throttle body and AmD mapped ECU :lol:

I won't be at Inters this year, got a poxy wedding to go to unfortunately....

It feels like a bigger engine, kev. It just feels more responsive. I mean, let's face it, we're talking about 30% improvement in torque.

With the VR gearing it allows you to thrash between 3k and 4k rpm changing up much earlier than normal, and still look down finding yourself going insanely fast, where previously you'd have no choice but to hold it in gear to 5500 rpm and use the power band.

When pulling away, you can plant the throttle and it no longer feels lethargic.

When trundling along the motorway at 70 behind someone, no need to change down to get a kick, just squeeze the throttle.

BUT you're not going to be finding that you're blowing the doors off ferraris..

Merc Kompressors though are easy meat.. ;)

All sounds rather good then Matt...... looking forward to getting mine on :lol:

Not my Wedding Nathan mate, thank god..... should be some fit Brides maids there for me to apprehend though, which should be compensation for missing the show :cry:

so kevhaywire, you getting a new throttle body from amd and a re-chip (that must be about £550) so yours will absolutlely fly right????

surely you'll need the schrek and TB fitted before the rechip is done?

so kevhaywire, you getting a new throttle body from amd and a re-chip (that must be about £550) so yours will absolutlely fly right????

That's the plan but I'm getting the TB and ECU (with an AMD chip in it) second hand, so no where near £550.

Picking those up at Inters, well, someone else is on my behalf...... and then I'll be Schricking when I get the car back from Stealth after it's clutch (again!) and chains....so prolly looking end of May now.....

surely you'll need the schrek and TB fitted before the rechip is done?

Well all 3 will be going on the engine the same day......so I'll be doing a remap, schrick and TB in one go :lol:

K