veedub-dave

g60 jet bodywork question

hi i've got a jet edition corrado i think some of the previous owners may still be on here but i'm restoring it back to its former glory got it striped down getting it ready for a respray at the moement it has late spec pannels on it but un sure if these were orgional as in the history i was given with the car there is a photo of a jet was told it was this car from when it was new but this pic shows it with early spec bonnet and bumper just woundered if there would be any way of finding out as i have all pannels to put back to early spec if needed. Thanks

007-11.jpg

Dave.

Corrado sunderland had that one for a while, think it had a 20v in it then >> http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?36675-G60-jet-scraped-turbo-idea-so-gunna-rotrex-or-similar

yeh i bought it from corrado sunderland with the 20v i'm going to put the g60 back in.

---------- Post added at 5:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:38 PM ----------

http://www.jwelty.com/jwelty3/nigels-radojet.htm

Looks like they came with the late front end from the factory

i think the car i have is nigels old one as some of the mods are still on the car.

---------- Post added at 5:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:52 PM ----------

If it was built after 23/3/1992 then it should be late spec. You can find out your build/manufacture date here > http://www.vagauto.com/mainclass.php

Neil.

hi thanks for the info it was'nt able to pick up my chassis number duno why, but pretty sure it probally was made after that date as i think the jet was the last of the g60's before the vr6 might be wrong.

Good to hear that this car is finally going to get restored to former glory - really not very many G60 Jets around at all so this is great news :)

However interestingly there is a thread here by the former owner, Nigel, which contains several photo's - all of which seem to suggest it should have early style front end rather than late.

hopefully should have the car back on the road in the summer, just thought the front had been changed as i can see the front bumper was a different colour so was from another car at some point, i will search for that thread on here see if i can find it.

Dave.

I really hope the old girl is all sorted and rebuilt now. I hated the state it was in under my ownership.

It was purely financial why it went and I massively regretted selling that car just because i got laid off.

The same situation repeated itself with my 205 Gti and i hung on to it as a lesson learned.

Older, wiser and less daft i would of never sold it and i never would of fitted a 1.8t. It killed the top speed and drove pants compared to g60.

G60 with a better charger is definitely the sweet spot imho :)

Anyway i hope its looking well and would love to see it again. Maybe even buy it back one day.

I used to hear that nigel moan saying i killed the car but that little nerd can shut up.

Hes the one who fitted a spaceship steering wheels and cheese and furious boost pods plus all sorts of other naff crap.

It would of been totally standard except bbs and under the hood my choice if funds permitted. I even despised the wheels it had on when i sold it lol

Get it back to original and enjoy it, Its a dam clean shell.If its ever for sale again drop me a line :)

Mick