G60radoboi

55K valver on autotrader for nearly 4K!!!

Would you pay 4K for it though???!!!! You can get that G60 in Ireland for that price even though this only has 55K on the clock. I love it and think it is a smashing example but for me that price is far too high.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201302195407319/sort/default/usedcars/model/corrado/make/volkswagen/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/1500/postcode/nw108gh?logcode=p

If it's as good as it looks then it's worth that - remember there aren't that many around on less than 100k miles now and pretty much all Corrado specific parts are classic parts only meaning they cost much more than they used to so restorations are much more expensive than before.

Looks a really nice standard / honest example!

---------- Post added at 4:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:55 PM ----------

Just had another look and it's bl00dy nice - mud flaps have kept the stone chips at bay and the only thing I can see missing is one of the bonnet support rubbers.

The lack of interior wear and history says the mileage is genuine - only after market thing I can see is an alarm which most cars had to have for insurance back then and the white side repeaters.

The low miles and the standard wheels / suspension probably mean it's in very good condition underneath not having been jacked up that much destroying the factory underseal. Front lights all look really good, all the panel gaps are correct etc.

If I was after one now I'd be looking at it - the overall condition is more important than the engine.

Edited by Supercharged

Engine bay looks surprisingly grubby for a 55k car though.. really needs tarting up there!

Refreshing! Makes me sad to see Corrados going for so cheap at the moment... especially after looking at all the money I've spent on mine!

I think its value is in the mileage and condition, if you buy it and and use it it will soon depreciate to a value closer to those with more usual mileage/condition. I think in that sense there is a lot of potential depreciation in this car. On the other hand if it was bought and laid up it might be a truly "appreciating classic Corrado" that car ads keep mentioning?

Still seems expensive though ...

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=476825

Edited by stuarttaylor37

Yeah looks like a nice example, one of the last ones as well.

But be careful as it's a trader sale, I'm not saying it has but it could have been clocked,

as these Corrado's were the Audi TT of the 1990s

The steering wheel is a bit shiny and the drivers seat has a little wear on the raised shoulder lips around the leg & back side support area,

the seats tend to sink down in these areas on high mileage vehicles, there's bound to be some wear as it's done 55,000 miles.

If you go and look at it look down at the lower outer sill lips these should be smooth and be painted same colour as the car,

if you see any like vice grip patterns at the front under the door just behind the wing,

and at the back under the rear wheel arch where it joins to the side panel on the sill lips,

then it could have been put on to a jig to straighten the car after a impact i.e crash.

Also check the A pillars as these should feel smooth and be straight, if you feel any bumps / lumps then the car could have been in a crash in it's past.

Check as well for any scratch marks on the interior trim where it's screwed to the doors or body work and the instrument cluster as well (signs of repair or clocking)

When you check the history look at the old MOT certificates, these were always had written with a water mark in the centre of the certificate,

if there is no water mark on the certificate chances are it's fake, this type of hand written certificate was used right up until around 2003 / 2004

The later MOT certificates are A4 size as the MOT today is computer logged.

This may cost you £30.00 or £45.00 but it is worth doing, get a HPI check carried out,

this will show if the car has been:

Stolen, written off, outstanding finance on it, plus they may show some light on the 55,000 miles

This is the info from the add below:

1995 (M reg)

Coupe

55,000 miles

Manual

2.0L

Petrol

3 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 55,000 miles, Metallic Blue, MOT-02-2014, 2 Owners.

PROBABLY THE UKs BEST PRESENTED CARS, Alloy wheels, Active Rear Spoiler, Sports seats, Sunroof, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Remote central locking, Sports Steering Wheel, Power assisted steering, Anti theft system, Alarm, Foglights, Head restraints, Radio, Tinted glass, 2 Keys, Recent Cam Belt,

"""FULL SERVICE HISTORY""". Insurance Group:17, GENUINE P/X VEHICLE, THIS VW CORRADO 2.0 16V COUPE CAN ONLY BE DESCRIBED AS SHOWROOM CONDITION, IT HAS COVERED ONLY 55,000 MILES FROM NEW, JUST 2 PRIVATE OWNERS,

THE SERVICE HISTORY IS FULL AND COMPLETE WITH NO LESS THAN 10 SERVICE STAMPS IN BOOK 5,685, 10,878, 17,652, 24,489, 29,879, 35,686, 37,032,

40,671 INC CAM BELT, AND 47,094. BRAND NEW MOT WITH NO ADVISORYS.

THIS CAR IS MINT MINT MINT., (T) AUTOCHOICE Tel: 01179 778844. £3,949 p/x welcome

Hope this helps

Si :thumbleft:

Looks clean enough from a distance, you'd have to check it close up though, not sure who would pay that much for it?, still some way off being a concours car so it's over the top as far as I'm concerned, could still need new clutch, brakes, wheel bearings, suspension, rear bushings, front bushings, engine mounts, rad, matrix, oil cooler, water hoses, the list goes on.

Could be worth that all day long, but needs to be seen in the flesh obviously. It's worth whatever somebody looking for one deems it to be worth to them.

As an example to go off, my Mum sold hers around 4 years ago for £3K to the first viewer, none sunroof model and was absolutely immaculate. 50K miles on the clock and she was only the second owner iirc. Would love to know where it is now actually!

picys003.jpg

That looks in very good condition from the photos (need to see it closer to really judge). I'm not sure I'd pay that much for it and of course the dealer has added their premium on top. But looks an interesting prospect for someone looking for a valver. But personally I do think they are the worst standard wheels on a Corrado so changing them would be beneficial.