BigTartanJudge

Battery jacket/blankets

Afternoon all,

Has anyone purchased in the past or more recently, one of the plastic fabric battery jacket/covers/blankets ?

I realise that the OEM one are probably now obsolete, but I seem to remember that there was one still available from another VW model that fitted just as well as the OEM one ?

Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Cheers

Edited by BigTartanJudge

I fitted one from a Vauxhall Astra,fits just fine

What age of Astra etc. harrier, does it fit well and have you got any pictures of it fitted ?

Cheers

This is what i have from an Astra,around 2002 i think,got it from a breakers yard

I notice my battery is covered in water when it rains or I wash the car.

Seems to channel water down the wing and onto battery.

Is there meant to be something to stop this. When I got the car the bag was all damp and rotten so I binned it.

I notice my battery is covered in water when it rains or I wash the car.

Seems to channel water down the wing and onto battery.

Is there meant to be something to stop this. When I got the car the bag was all damp and rotten so I binned it.

The way to stop getting a wet battery jacket is to use a thin piece of draft excluder (the ones with adhesive backing already)along the whole length from top to bottom where the water would run down the wing. I ve done it for both sides and have never had a wet engine bay when it rained. I saw this technique on Chris storm vr.

Edited by VWVW

The way to stop getting a wet battery jacket is to use a thin piece of draft excluder (the ones with adhesive backing already)along the whole length from top to bottom where the water would run down the wing. I ve done it for both sides and have never had a wet engine bay when it rained. I saw this technique on Chris storm vr.

Interesting........ any chance of a picture or two please?

It'll still spill over when you wash the car though, be better to have proper protection of the battery, and the jackets help in winter.