fendervg

Urgent question - safe to start VR6 with bumper removed?

Hi all - I have the whole front end of the car off to work on the coolant system and know that you can't move the car with the bumper off - but is it possible to start and run the engine while filling coolant? I'll replace the rad, hoses etc. Car is on jack stands and he engine mount is in place and the front cross member is on, and I have the sump and gearbox supported.

I don't want to put the bumper and rad support back on and then discover that it's leaking or I have forgotten something.

Yeah that's ok. As you say, the sump is supported and front mount is there. Someone one else will confirm I'm sure

Yeah won't be a problem. I'd support under the front mount if you can though too.

Sound - thanks for the quick replies - will give it a go so - I can always turn it off real quick! Has anyone actually done it before just to be sure, to be sure?

Ah - it won't be going anywhere for a while! But good advice. I'm sorting out all the little things you come across when you can actually see and reach stuff - unless you have arms like that elastic guy from the Fantastic Four or Inspector Gadget.

Cheers again.