Jim Bowen

Car Cameras, Anyone fitted?

Yeah i've been singing less since getting it :lol: and yes you can turn it off

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

What is weird is watching the footage and hearing yourself making noises that you don't remember making :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

A video from Parking mode, this is where the camera picks up any movement and records 20secs before the event and 20secs after, so 20seconds into video is the event, in this case just a car driving past

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0LbACJEtU

Also caught a few things overnight on the drive, like a police car turning around on the drive at 2am (which is a bit strange for here) And some weird light coming on that i can't work out what it is.

Edited by Jim Bowen
Fixed youtube link

It won't be long before new cars come fitted with cameras as standard, or insurance companies insist on them. It's the way things are going.

It's often joked that if the steering wheel had a spike in the middle of it, people would drive better. Cameras are the next best thing. Finally, dumb arses will get caught texting and applying make-up on camera and get their licenses taken away.

It won't be long before new cars come fitted with cameras as standard, or insurance companies insist on them. It's the way things are going.

It's often joked that if the steering wheel had a spike in the middle of it, people would drive better. Cameras are the next best thing. Finally, dumb arses will get caught texting and applying make-up on camera and get their licenses taken away.

Yes, quite agree that new cars will come fitted with dashcam, I've noticed that some new taxis have already fitted with a dash camera embedded in the rearview mirror, just like this one: http://www.szswill.com/car-camera-hd/rearview-mirror-dash-camera-d500.html...

Hi, I started selling these as I think they are a great idea.

I bought & fitted 2 Blacvue DR300g cameras, one in my fathers car and 1 in mine. All ok for a month or 2 and then micro SD cards started failing. Reformatting worked a few times, but in the end new cards were required. And then 1 week before warranty ran out, both units failed completely! Replaced under warranty and then sold on eBay.

I have since started supplying & fitting Roadhawk cameras. Better quality camera and a UK company as well :-) I have 4 of these fitted in family motors all working like clockwork.

More info on these can be found on my website http://www.trim-wizard.co.uk

If there is enough interest I could sort a group buy out for you, but I will leave this to you guys to organise.

I don't come on the forums often, so best to email me [email protected]

Cheers

Andy