G60radoboi

My blue valver.

Well I was after a G60 but finances and time constraints made me rush out and grab the first corrado I found. It was in reletively decent condition upon first inspection. After all the issues that needed fixing began to show through. So basically spent a grand on bits and bobs to get the car up to my standard sort of. There was also a crappy aftermarket steering wheel and momo gear knob which went today at last. The hooter didn't even work as there were no wires for it! If I had more money......... Any how here are a few pics I quickly took today whilest busy on the car. Scuse the crappy phone pics.

20130304_153658_zps5b26c0e3.jpg

20130304_153715_zpsf5f0bd34.jpg

20130304_153727_zpsc786d2b8.jpg

20130304_153819_zpsb287d527.jpg

20130304_153845_zps97e4da26.jpg

20130304_153958_zpsb126be7b.jpg

The cig lighter was loose in the centre console along with the two air vents. I therefore bought another dash that had all of these in it. So today I proceeded with removing the centre console.

20130304_153853_zps45e7d404.jpg

Here is the offending centre console which was cracked.

20130304_155220_zpsfda7fe2b.jpg

Although you can't see it the bit for the cig lighter is also cracked.

20130304_155228_zpscdb7277b.jpg

Thanks for watching and I will update as more works get done.

Nice colour, looks good and clean esp in the engine bay.

Did the right thing going back to original parts with steering wheel.

Speedlines next?

Must pay more attention..

Well at least I can be glad the one thing I learnt today was corrado related then!

LOL. I just don't have the money for wheels now. I am getting the toad system removed and a new alarm fitted on saturday along with all the wiring for the radio. What the previous owners did with it is beyond me but it is a shambles behind the dash. Then I have to fit the new exhaust system as the existing one is blowing somewhere near the centre section, so I just sourced a brand new system from the bay of e so I will be tapped out financially when that is all done. Pity as I do need some decent wheels :-(

Looks a nice car and as said above ,the bay looks clean . Its good to get some essential jobs done as well as the bits that annoy ie the steering wheel and gear knob . A bit of saving here n there and you will get some new wheels .

You haven't done too bad mate mine came with receipt's in excess of 20k but i still had to sort thing's getting there now just a bit of mapping and we will be sorted keep going you should have seen the wiring we had to sort the decent one's on here will help just ask ;)

Nice! was this the one off of ebay from christianrea or something like that? If so, was seriously contemplating buying it! :( Favourite colour for a corrado too!

Nice! was this the one off of ebay from christianrea or something like that? If so, was seriously contemplating buying it! :( Favourite colour for a corrado too!

Yeah that is the one mate. Trust me when I tell you the car was NOT as described in the advert lol. Still it is oin decent condition. A few bubbles here and there but I aint gonna bother with sorting them as I may sell the car on next year and source a G60. I agree though about the colour, it really does look astonishing when the sun is on it.

Yeah that is the one mate. Trust me when I tell you the car was NOT as described in the advert lol. Still it is oin decent condition. A few bubbles here and there but I aint gonna bother with sorting them as I may sell the car on next year and source a G60. I agree though about the colour, it really does look astonishing when the sun is on it.

Thought so! Yeah I read through it and thought some bits were bound to be missing... has had the front end and side resprayed because the colour was faded apparently! Also had some audi steering wheel on it? Ah right cool! I'm after a late 2L 16v Corrado, gonna use it as a base for a 20vt engine conversion (even though horrendously overdone). Just need to sell the polo first!

Anyway will be following this thread! :)

No worries mate. It will be good for me to have this thread too so everyone can see what work I put into it so come time to sell someone on here will at least get a car that has been sorted to a decent standard. Exhaust being done tomorrow along with door handles, wiper arms and blades, wiper motor and washer pump which should hopefully sort the windscreen washer and wiper issue.

Busy day for me. Refitted the centre console with all the tighter air vents. May sell the old ones on. If anyone has a blank for the dash like the one beneath the ABS light.......

20130307_131637_zps6623f787.jpg

Exhaust system replaced:

20130307_104639_zps8df3ee15.jpg

20130307_124955_zps4d2b2c7f.jpg

20130307_124950_zps042be48a.jpg

Had to replace Lamda sensor too as the previous moron that worked on it stripped the damn thread when they replaced it.

20130307_115736_zps78905f9b.jpg

NEW

20130307_120017_zpsaf51fd85.jpg

Here is the offending crack in the rear silencer that was making all the noise.

20130307_110911_zps2d900c6b.jpg

Could have done cat back I guess but glad it has all been replaced. Smoke coming in through the vents now though? Is that normal for a newly fitted exhaust? Also, miraicle of mirracles my drivers headlamp has now decided to work again!!

Edited by G60radoboi

Alarm and radio sorted today. Removed the old toad system and fitted a cobra system, wired up the radio to the speakers and that was all good at last. Fitted the TT arms and blades, happy days!!!

Well got the windscreen refitted last night. Some rust issues going on under there so we had to reat it forst before refitting, on the plus side I found out where the leak was coming from so have resolved that issue at least. Also fitted the FEBI wiper motor so now we have a decent wiper speed with brand new TT arms and blades :-) Next order of business is the roof liner and sunroof seal i think. Overall I feel happier now that this has been done.

Good progress on the car today. Sorted out the drivers door handle after the pin broke. Upgraded one now so finally have a working drivers door handle. Replaced the roof liner too which was fekked from the leaking windscreen and also replaced the sunroof seal as the old one was mouldy as hell.

OLD LINER

20130330_124602_zpscf962fb6.jpg

ROOF OUT

20130330_124611_zpsc85d9fc1.jpg

LOOKS EMPTY

20130330_124621_zpsbb4ab456.jpg

NEW SEAL FITTED

20130330_125650_zps931e3a45.jpg

ROOF BACK IN

20130330_130428_zps34a5a903.jpg

NEW LINER IN :-)

20130330_135411_zps5ded3df0.jpg

Thanks guys. It's a work in progress. Done my back in today working on the car so hopefully it is better tomorrow. Will rest and on Monday will see about the side repeaters.