sexybourbon

Etka suspension diagram help please

Hi guys iv got my weitecs to fit this weekend if possible but i need to order some top mounts first , my friend is going to order them from his works account and save me some cash but because the diagrams split everything it to complete different pieces i need to know what to order , can someone help me out and list the bits i need to get so i can do the lot in one hit as i dont want to get the old ones of and realise that i cant fit the new ones

This is the front diagram

uvy3ydyp.jpg

This is the back 4apy9ezy.jpg

If anyone can tell me how many of the oarts down from tje top i need that would be great and a big help as i want to get the coilovers done before the north east meet in two weeks and the car need to go in for a four wheel align

Cheers chaps

Items 7 & 2 from the top picture for the front suspension.

Items 13 & 14 for the rear suspension, item 13 is a classic parts item.

You can interchange early and late top mounts with ease although I find the early G60 style front top mounts to be a bit more hard wearing than the later VR6 style ones.

Your coilovers should come with all the other relevant parts as they will have their own upper spring caps, bump stops etc.

You'll need item 6, the threaded bush, if you've got early top mounts currently.

I'd also advise buying the bottom strut nuts and bolts - the ones that come with kits usually rust in a couple of years where the VAG ones are coated to last a bit longer

Cheers guys its annoying that the rears are not available , allthough ecp do have them they are a special order part and take up to five days to come an there made by skf , does anyone have any exparience with with this make as i was hoping they was going to be lemforder

I think ill order the front top mounts from the etka and the rears from ecp

Cheers for the info and ill change the bolts while im at it

Cheers bud i dont know why because iv never ordered from vw heritage but i assumed it would be hard work lol , ill give them a call and see if i can get them ordered

You can interchange early and late top mounts with ease...

I thought you needed the right year and diameter of spring top plate too and that would also require bump stops and dust covers to match?

Yep if using OE struts ^^ As the later setup has a deeper top spring plate, .

Early.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72693[/ATTACH]

Late.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72694[/ATTACH]

Edited by Riley

Well iv just come of the phone with vw heritage and got the rear top mounts for 20 quid wich is good and my mates ordering all the front top mounts and front and back bolts from tps for me for 53.94 wich i thought was good ,

I rang vw this morning and they wanted over 20 pounds just for the nuts and bolts

I thought you needed the right year and diameter of spring top plate too and that would also require bump stops and dust covers to match?

Same info for you as well Riley.

As the redborbet is fitting coilovers they will come with spring caps etc

I got back in touch with my mate to confirm purchase and for some reason they have worked it out from 54 pounds to a final bill with vat to 74 pounds so something dodgy has happend there , bloody typical

Same info for you as well Riley.

As the redborbet is fitting coilovers they will come with spring caps etc

Ah, yes, just re-read and seen 'weitecs' :)

In my opinion you also need item 6,

I will advise you also buying the bottom strut nuts and bolts - that one which comes with the kit will usually rust in teo years and the coated one will go bit longer otherwise just go to mechanic he will fix it up.