teveO

G60 coolant bleed help please.

Hey guys.

I have just rebuilt my g60 engine, I'm topping the coolant up and running it to temp but there seems to be a lot of air coming out of the header tank. Is there a particular way of bleeding these engines?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Just run the engine with the cap off the header tank.

Keep topping up as necessary. All the air will work it's way out

Cheers for the reply. that's what I have been doing but it seems to keep spitting all the water out while the air is getting to the header tank. Any ideas if I need to have the heaters running?

Cheers Steve

When you drained it you should have had the heater controls on hot so that the water in the heater matrix core can be drained too. So when you're filling it best to have it on hot too so water can get round the whole system again.

Heater should be on full hot and full blow.

Leave the cap off and keep topping up the coolant reservoir until around 75 deg C on the coolant temp gauge, then fill reservoir to max line, refit cap and take for a short drive.

Let it cool down and refill coolant as required.

If you leave the cap off too long the coolant boils and produces more air into the system.

Heater should be on full hot and full blow.

Leave the cap off and keep topping up the coolant reservoir until around 75 deg C on the coolant temp gauge, then fill reservoir to max line, refit cap and take for a short drive.

Let it cool down and refill coolant as required.

If you leave the cap off too long the coolant boils and produces more air into the system.

Thanks dude :)