lard44

Noisy interior blowers

Basically as above...when I put the fans on - pretty much any setting -they'll start quiet and then make a noise like this:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I have to put my Fleetwood Mac album up to 15 on the stereo to try and drown it out...

In all seriousness I've heard that spraying lithium grease or similar on the mechanism can quiet it down, at least temporarily, but what do I need to spray? Does the centre console have to come out for me to access the blowers?

read my thread mine used to squeek like a bitch

you just twist the blower motor out you shouldnt need to remove anything else as far as i can remember

hope that helps

Its just a sign your bearings are shot, all the dead leaves etc tend to get stuck in the heater motor and mulch down over time rotting the bearings.

Replacement item is not too expensive and it saves you having to change the thermal fuse on the resistor pack too.

Its just a sign your bearings are shot, all the dead leaves etc tend to get stuck in the heater motor and mulch down over time rotting the bearings.

Replacement item is not too expensive and it saves you having to change the thermal fuse on the resistor pack too.

Do you know the part no? Thank you.

Part number from VW is 192 959 101, it does seem they have got very expensive though £106 inc VAT.

A one suitable for a mk 2 Golf from ebay will do, same motor just a 4 position switch...