Yega

Heater controls

Is it possible to swap out the late heater controls for the new style ones? I have the ones where you slide the knob in a straight line to turn up the temp and which blowers you want to use and I always feel like I'm going to break them. I want a set from the VR6 which are all twisty knobs.

Hope I'm making sense here.

As above !

The later are prone to break

Stay with the reliable sliders,you could always get a spoonfedtuning backlit kit

bemu9y7u.jpg

Hmm ok, thank you for the advice.

Let me ask another question then. I can't move the position slider to the far right (Windscreen) as I fear I'm going to snap the whole thing off. It's either something inside is blocking it or its broken. Anyone experienced this?

Thirded.

The late heater styles do look nicer and a more modern, but they are crap. Stick with the early.

Hmm ok, thank you for the advice.

Let me ask another question then. I can't move the position slider to the far right (Windscreen) as I fear I'm going to snap the whole thing off. It's either something inside is blocking it or its broken. Anyone experienced this?

Take out the drivers under shelf (7or8 screws) shine a torch up at the back of the heater unit.You should see a cable going to a mechanism,get some penetrating oil,(with straw attached) and lubricate well,while laying in the footwell keep sliding the heater controls until lever goes over to the screen !

If it doesn't go over,the mechanism has slipped a cog !

Sorry I haven't got any pics,but I had to do mine at the weekend,and all mine took was lubrication !

Anyone got any details on swapping new version for old?

I have temperamental (!!) dials, and other than selling the souls of one or two of my kids both passat and 'rado dials sets are proving hard to track down and if the sliders are as reliable as suggested maybe that's the way to go.

There's no passat ones and the corrado ones are £80+. A lot for something that may go kaput again - sliders may be the way to go?