timthetinyhorse

What decat pipe?

As some of you will have seen I suspect my running issue is down to the fact I suspect my cat has melted...

I don't want to replace the cat so it's going to be a decat pipe, my question is what decat pipes are people using on their VR6? Are other louder than others and do some fit better than others?

Cheers

Do you have an MOT garage that is friendly to the cause otherwise it will fail the next one and you will need to get a cat anyway

A cheap option ,if you or if you know someone with a mig welder cut open cat ,remove contents & weld it back together !

I have been using a Miltec decat pipe and recently removed to replace with the dub sport one I bought along with all the supercharger gear so will be selling mine. Wanted one with a flexi as the 6 branch manifolds are prown to breaking where they joing to the cat/decat. We couldn't get the lambda sensor out either.

Sounds great and comes with the adaptor pipe ready to install.

Had a look at the eBay ones and they are 710mm long, I have measured my cat and it's 760mm long, I think it will still fit but m a bit worried about it, alsomtheybare listed for the golf VR, did they use the same CAT?

Rams what do you mean by adaptor pipe? I was under the impression that a proper decat would be a simple case of bolting in and off I go?

Cheers

When mine arrived it was too short and needed an extension/adaptor. I would think the cats are the same in the golf VR and rado.

Rams don't suppose you know the original length of the one you had to extend?? Think I'm going to order a 710mm one as my cat was a long way into the rear section so will most likely be ok.

Thanks for the offer chaos3oe but think I'm going to go down the decat route.

It's in my van, I will measure it and come back to you. You can buy mine for £25 posted if you want?

The decat measure 50.5cm long, without adaptor. The adaptor is under some stuff in my van which I will find and measure and reply back.

It's made by Miltek, decent make and it does make a good sound. Just can't get the Lambda sensor out but it's working. With time or perseverance it will come out I'm sure as its only been in there for about a year or so.

Rams